Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Hey trixter two questions for ya! How is driving without the front sway bar? Worth doing? Also what's your gearing/are you locked?
It handles just fine without it. It's definitely noticeable, especially when loaded with gear, but not so bad that I feel unsafe driving at freeway speeds. Much better offroad handling though so I think it's a no brainer.

I have the stock, ever-desirable 3.13 gears and no locker. I do plan on adding an ARB locker in the rear at some point soon-ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bueller and dmski

dmski

Rank 0

Traveler I

Cool! Another question for you, I've been contemplating the wheel spacers to get the rear wheels to stop rubbing the frame at full stuff. Has yours helped eliminate that problem or do you still rub at full stuff?

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
Cool! Another question for you, I've been contemplating the wheel spacers to get the rear wheels to stop rubbing the frame at full stuff. Has yours helped eliminate that problem or do you still rub at full stuff?
I can tell you that with 1 inch BORA spacers, my rear frame rub at full stuff with 33s is completely gone. I've been on multiple off-road trips with Trixter since he installed his spacers, and can tell you that he gets no frame rub, either.

Reactions: Trixter404

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

I can tell you that with 1 inch BORA spacers, my rear frame rub at full stuff with 33s is completely gone. I've been on multiple off-road trips with Trixter since he installed his spacers, and can tell you that he gets no frame rub, either.
That's right...no frame rub! You will likely need to trim or roll your fenders back slightly to clear the tires when turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

It has been a bit since I've posted an update. Here's some photos from a busy late spring and summer.

Stampede Pass Camping/Exploring with Snowtrout in June. We even found some snow.

Gifford Pinchot NF Camping/Exploring in June.

Fortune Creek Trail with [MENTION=12392]Snowtrout[/MENTION] in July.

Camping in Gifford Pinchot NF near Mt. Rainier in July.

Mt. Hood/Trillium Lake/Mt. St. Helens, Oregon in July.

Naches Pass with NWXC in July (didn't take photos apparently).

Barlow Road Camping with Snowtrout and jhberria in August.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

A few other things happened over the spring/summer:

1) One of my Morimoto LED fog lights decided to take a crap in May (the lens inside the housing broke free and was rattling around inside). So I recently swapped them out for yellow LED fog lights (some cheap Chinese brand that I paid a lot less for than the Morimotos). So far, I like 'em.

2) Also in May, I discovered that I could no longer manually shift into first gear. Physically I could, but the indicator on the cluster still read that it was in 2nd. The problem; a faulty shift assembly. So today I installed a new one...not a cheap part...especially new.

3) Again in May (what a month), I found out that my A/C was only working a fraction of the time. That, and the fact that the heat is also not working properly and it's dripping water/liquid from under the passenger side of the dash, lead me to take it into the dealership to have it looked at (they also diagnosed the shifting issue). Turns out that when I was involved in an accident back in 2014, it was damaged and never caught. Lucky for me, because of this, I was able to do a supplemental claim to have it fixed through insurance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy P

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Unique brother just like Surf, but I am a fan of the larger airflow, but your rig is coming along nice man! Keep it up.