Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West Haven, Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Horting
Member #

and not worrying about waking up in a puddle.
[emoji38] That's what sold ME on an RTT!
Last year on a winter run, I slept inside my vehicle on an overniter out in the great salt lake mud flats, while others slept in ground tents.
Come morning after an all night rain, they were in the water and all the rtt guys closed them up and were on the road in no time! Fast takedown as well!

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Nice! You'll love it. It's nice being able to camp anywhere and not worrying about waking up in a puddle.
[emoji38] That's what sold ME on an RTT!
Last year on a winter run, I slept inside my vehicle on an overniter out in the great salt lake mud flats, while others slept in ground tents.
Come morning after an all night rain, they were in the water and all the rtt guys closed them up and were on the road in no time! Fast takedown as well!
Yes, that's the best part! Tuff Stuff contacted me today and I should have it by the end of the week.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

I removed my custom drop-in roof rack and made a new mounting bar for my rear LED pods (mounted lower so that they fit below my new RTT). This is a temporary solution that cost less than $20 to make. I also reinstalled my OEM crossbars for now.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Looks good man, crafty use of angle stock and bar clamps, I think it came out well. I am also researching RTTs so be sure to post up your initial impressions. I created a thread about it in the general discussion area. Looking forward to this summer, thats for sure.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Looks good man, crafty use of angle stock and bar clamps, I think it came out well. I am also researching RTTs so be sure to post up your initial impressions. I created a thread about it in the general discussion area. Looking forward to this summer, thats for sure.
Thanks man, I thought it turned out okay for a temporary fix. I received my tent today and will be trying it out this weekend along the Oregon coast on a camping trip with NWXC. I'll let you know my how I like it.

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
You're going on the Dune trip this weekend? I was still debating. I'm almost tempted to go and check out the Tilamook State Forest trails and then meet you guys for camping Saturday night. The forest looks more appealing to me than the dunes.

And congrats on the tent, man!

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

You're going on the Dune trip this weekend? I was still debating. I'm almost tempted to go and check out the Tilamook State Forest trails and then meet you guys for camping Saturday night. The forest looks more appealing to me than the dunes.

And congrats on the tent, man!
I am, but I don't know that I plan on spending much time on the dunes (maybe if I had a quad or sand rail). I'm just ready to do some camping....especially now!. I was actually thinking about checking our TSF on Saturday. I've never been there and, like you said, it's more appealing. I can meet you out there if you want some company on the trails.

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
I am, but I don't know that I plan on spending much time on the dunes (maybe if I had a quad or sand rail). I'm just ready to do some camping....especially now!. I was actually thinking about checking our TSF on Saturday. I've never been there and, like you said, it's more appealing. I can meet you out there if you want some company on the trails.
I'm game! I'm probably not going to head down until Saturday morning, and I'll camp Saturday night. Are you going down to camp Friday night?

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
The weather doesn't look too promising, but I can get over that quickly when you bring beer into the mix. I'm going to send you a private message with my cell number.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

I know Josh already shared this in his trip report, but here are some photos from last weekend's camping/wheeling trip at Tillamook State Forest with jhberria. Wind, rain, sleet, snow...we had it all. It made for a great day of wheeling/exploring and was a helluva way to break in the new RTT!

Photos taken by jhberria and myself.

I'm still waiting for my Hefty Fab front winch bumper to show up and I have a few of other items stacking up in my garage (HID headlight retrofit, winch, differential and transfer case fluids, BF rear diff cover, rear diff breather extension to name a few).

Last edited:

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

AHHHHH you guys are killing me. Awesome photos guys. I just got confirmation my RTT is on its way. Should be here in a few days. Hopefully for the weekend so I can put it all together and get her mounted. since I'm home alone for the next week and change and need something to do.

Thanks for making me want something even more, but its almost time....

Reactions: Trixter404

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

AHHHHH you guys are killing me. Awesome photos guys. I just got confirmation my RTT is on its way. Should be here in a few days. Hopefully for the weekend so I can put it all together and get her mounted. since I'm home alone for the next week and change and need something to do.

Thanks for making me want something even more, but its almost time....
Awesome! What did you end up ordering?

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Tepui Autana Ruggedized, Haze Grey.

I was this close to pulling the trigger on the CVT summit series but A) I hate the green color (reminds me of REI brand tents that scream, look over here). B) they did not have in stock since they had a backlog of 35 of these from the group buy in the Mt Shasta size. C) Both tents cost the exact same and between the ruggedized and Summit series, they are pretty much identical, but the shipping was drastic between them. About $100 difference AND I got the Tepui for 10% off saving me over $200 more. So.... I went Tepui.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Took advantage of the Airflow Snorkel group buy/inventory blowout on the Xterra forum that I frequent. Another project for the pile! @Jhberria did you see the deal?...you better get in on it!

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
Yeahhhhh I saw it. Hell, I might as well. I've never seen them cheaper, anywhere. Willing to get together for a snorkel-install weekend before our next Oregon trip?