Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Nice, what lights did you go with? I have diode dynamics XP80s in the tail turn and backups of the X, waiting for front turns but need them to get into stock first.

Be sure to post of some nite time photos.
They are Philips Vision LED's. I actually intend on replacing most of my lights through Diode Dynamics. I ended up with these Philips because a friend of mine bought the wrong lights for his F-250 and gave them to me. I'm sure they're nowhere near as bright as the XP80's but they'll do for now. I'll post night pics soon.

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

I know! Its a real shame nissan discontinued them. I just wish there were more in texas

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

I swapped in some more LED's yesterday. One of my front side markers was out so I bought some Philips Vision 194 LED's (6000k) for both sides. I got a couple extras and swapped the license plate lights also. Next up...map/dome/trunks lights.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I did my interior lights in red LED. It really reduces glare and you don't kill your night vision if you have to get into the truck after dark. It's too nice looking at the stars to spend 40 minutes waiting for your eyes to adjust after opening the door.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

I did my interior lights in red LED. It really reduces glare and you don't kill your night vision if you have to get into the truck after dark. It's too nice looking at the stars to spend 40 minutes waiting for your eyes to adjust after opening the door.
I ordered 6000k but good point about night vision. I may have to change to blue or something. Are your red LED's bright enough to read something if needed?

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I ordered 6000k but good point about night vision. I may have to change to blue or something. Are your red LED's bright enough to read something if needed?
Yes, they are easily bright enough to read with, however, some roads on the map are hard to see if they are printed in red ink.

I don't recommend you go with blue light, the "colder" the light you are using, the worse it is for your night vision. This is why military, aviation, and sailors use red lighting at night.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Yes, they are easily bright enough to read with, however, some roads on the map are hard to see if they are printed in red ink.

I don't recommend you go with blue light, the "colder" the light you are using, the worse it is for your night vision. This is why military, aviation, and sailors use red lighting at night.
Good to know. I will be switching to red in the near future. Thanks!

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

LED project complete! I replaced the 6000k front corner markers with amber LED's. I liked the yellow look at first but in the end I think amber looks better. I replaced the front turn signals/parking lights with amber LED's from Diode Dynamics.

Next up...winch, HID projector retrofit (no halos, angel/demon eyes!), Morimoto LED fogs and 20" LED amber light bar...all after I receive my bumper from Hefty Fabworks. I'm also hoping to get an RTT soon as well.