Rado_023

Rank 0

Contributor I

PA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
T
I can send you the MABDR but I’m not releasing the VTPAT yet. I’ve only done from Maryland to Woodward in PA. I don’t want to release something that I haven’t 100% proofed out yet. Plus, the VTPAT is sooo easy. It’s like a scenic drive lol. Hold on, I have a video from when I ran it.
I live just over the border in PA and would be very interested in this MABDR trail GPS file. I've been wanting to find the time to do the TNJT, but something a little closer would be nice on the weekend!

BTW thank you for the work you put into the GPS file for the TNJT! I'm looking forward to following that one day, especially down in the central / south jersey section.

tkorpi

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Hope, PA, USA
First Name
teemu
Last Name
korpijaakko
Hi Xplorr313! I joined today and I downloaded the gpx file just to play with Gaia GPS on my iPhone and do a little driving. I live in New Hope, just on the other side of the river from Hunterdon county, NJ where a good chunk of the trail runs. I'm probably jumping the gun here, but I'll offer a suggested for improving the route a tiny, tiny bit. Just north of Stockton, NJ on 523, there's a left turn to a beautiful rd, but it's paved. There's a left turn just before the one indicated on the route, Worman Rd, that's still dirt. It's a very nice road, especially this time of year, that keeps you on the dirt a bit longer!

I've attached a screenshot to show the roads that I'm referring to.

Thanks for your efforts on the trail!

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Hi Xplorr313! I joined today and I downloaded the gpx file just to play with Gaia GPS on my iPhone and do a little driving. I live in New Hope, just on the other side of the river from Hunterdon county, NJ where a good chunk of the trail runs. I'm probably jumping the gun here, but I'll offer a suggested for improving the route a tiny, tiny bit. Just north of Stockton, NJ on 523, there's a left turn to a beautiful rd, but it's paved. There's a left turn just before the one indicated on the route, Worman Rd, that's still dirt. It's a very nice road, especially this time of year, that keeps you on the dirt a bit longer!

I've attached a screenshot to show the roads that I'm referring to.

Thanks for your efforts on the trail!
Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into it!

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
My wife and I got an unexpected free Saturday today and we decided to go check out a portion of the TNJT. It’s been raining pretty good lately and I was curious what this section would look like. Also wanted to test out our new auxiliary lighting setup

No down trees or anything like that to note. Nothing was washed out or impassable etc. There were a lot of other people driving on the route also.

Just thought I would share and pass on the intel if anyone was wondering.
I’ve attached pictures showing the section we drove

We didn’t do the bypass (dark green in picture)

Attachments

Last edited:

njhiker43

Rank I

Enthusiast I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Duffy
So I tried a fifty mile section today jumping on off rt 202 in Readington and ended back in 202 near Lambertville. Mostly paved roads but many seemed like freshly paved that used to be single lane gravel roads recently. Regardless, was a nice drive thru a beautiful part of the state. Gonna try to do the whole trial on pieces

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Hit up a small portion of the trail yesterday around the collier mills/Manchester area. One of our crew was trying for his scuba badge and got stuck in not one but two giant puddles.View attachment 176129
@njhiker43 you probably want to avoid where this guy went lol

Also I hope this picture helps

Attachments

Last edited:

treeska1

Rank 0

Contributor I

nj
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Triarsi
I recently down loaded the GPX for the TNJT and worked well THANK YOU!!!!!! My buddy and I did a large portion of the top from say high point to about Hackettes town area of the route. It started to rain so we bailed. We were on enduros. We are going to pick it back up around the Clinton 78 round valley area. is there a way to tell what sections are off road from the GPX? Everything I have been looking at seems as though its paved roads until you get to South Jersey. Is there any off road from say Clinton to say neschanic? Is route all around lambertville new hope princeton paved roads for the most part? We would really like mpore dirt and gavel than pavement. Thanks guys been great so far really enjoyed the ride

njhiker43

Rank I

Enthusiast I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Duffy
I recently down loaded the GPX for the TNJT and worked well THANK YOU!!!!!! My buddy and I did a large portion of the top from say high point to about Hackettes town area of the route. It started to rain so we bailed. We were on enduros. We are going to pick it back up around the Clinton 78 round valley area. is there a way to tell what sections are off road from the GPX? Everything I have been looking at seems as though its paved roads until you get to South Jersey. Is there any off road from say Clinton to say neschanic? Is route all around lambertville new hope princeton paved roads for the most part? We would really like mpore dirt and gavel than pavement. Thanks guys been great so far really enjoyed the ride
I recently did a fifty mile section from rt202 in Readington to 202 in Lambertville. Would say most is paved. 15% maybe gravel? Seems like a fair number of roads in Hunterdon county were gravel but recently paved. Still a nice ride in some beautiful parts of the state.

camohud

Rank I

Contributor III

Eastchester, NY, USA
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Hudson
Greetings everyone! Brand new to the overland scene and looking to get my feet wet (not too wet though). I'm in Westchester County (NY) and going through the TNJT on LeadNav (thanks for the route!). Curious if there's a consensus on which section to tackle first? I'm in a Mountaineer (AWD) without a lift. Jolene (my mountaineer) is eager to please, but she's not ready for anything crazy like going through deep water. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Greetings everyone! Brand new to the overland scene and looking to get my feet wet (not too wet though). I'm in Westchester County (NY) and going through the TNJT on LeadNav (thanks for the route!). Curious if there's a consensus on which section to tackle first? I'm in a Mountaineer (AWD) without a lift. Jolene (my mountaineer) is eager to please, but she's not ready for anything crazy like going through deep water. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I think this guy did the whole route in a stock Ford Explorer.

Enjoy! :)