Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Hey everyone, sorry for the hiatus. For some reason if I don’t visit the site regularly then I don’t get new notifications when people comment on the thread. It’s so weird.

I haven’t had a chance to run any of the trail in a while. Life has gotten in the way a bit. Since covid, my work has slowed down and the money coming in has slowed down as well. So I’ve mostly been keeping the Jeep at home and doing more 2 wheel adventures since it’s cheaper lol.

Thank you to everyone who has chimed in on trail reports. Now that it’s becoming the winter months, I recommend following the winter routes in the northern section if you plan to run the route between now and spring. They won’t be as fun as the spring-fall routes but we all know the real fun starts when you get to 6 Flags.

Alex, awesome video! Since seeing your video, it’s making me want to finish episode 3 and 4 from when I did the route in 2017. I’ll either do that or maybe I’ll just rerun the whole thing and refilm it in the spring.

Josh Link, thank you for the donation!

This is the TNJT thread, but I’m gonna put a teaser out there for everyone. There is a Vertical Trans PA Trail and there is kinda a Horizontal Trans PA Trail. The Vertical is mostly done and almost 100% proofed out. The Horizontal needs a lot of work but maybe I’ll get on that soon.

SteveNJ

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sussex, NJ, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2ELP
Service Branch
Army
This is the TNJT thread, but I’m gonna put a teaser out there for everyone. There is a Vertical Trans PA Trail and there is kinda a Horizontal Trans PA Trail. The Vertical is mostly done and almost 100% proofed out. The Horizontal needs a lot of work but maybe I’ll get on that soon.
Is the vertical vastly different from the MABDR?

BTW awesome work on the TNJT, I've only done a short bit so far but its very cool!

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
How does one get the gpx files for these routes?
I can send you the MABDR but I’m not releasing the VTPAT yet. I’ve only done from Maryland to Woodward in PA. I don’t want to release something that I haven’t 100% proofed out yet. Plus, the VTPAT is sooo easy. It’s like a scenic drive lol. Hold on, I have a video from when I ran it.

Reactions: Dusther210

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
@Xplorr313 you are awesome!

Would you like another vehicle to tag along when you proof the route?

I have the MABDR gpx, might do a section of it this winter

Thank you so much for all your work!
I could entertain an extra vehicle to tag along. It’s really not that tough of a trail to warrant a second rig, all the off asphalt sections were smooth gravel roads. I was thinking about checking out the MABDR to see if I could incorporate some of those trails into the VTPAT for a reroute of the VTPAT to at least give it some more challenging sections, if there are any.

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
@Xplorr313 you are awesome!

Would you like another vehicle to tag along when you proof the route?

I have the MABDR gpx, might do a section of it this winter

Thank you so much for all your work!
I could entertain an extra vehicle to tag along. It’s really not that tough of a trail to warrant a second rig, all the off asphalt sections were smooth gravel roads. I was thinking about checking out the MABDR to see if I could incorporate some of those trails into the VTPAT for a reroute of the VTPAT to at least give it some more challenging sections, if there are any.
I just watched your video, it does look like an easy drive.
I would love to join the drive and exploration if logistics allow

Reactions: Xplorr313

lijiahua790

Rank 0

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Li
Hello overlanders, I am wondering if this complete trail is still open, with no closed roads, etc,. I am temporarily based in NYC and is looking to discover this trail in late November.

JoshuaEvans

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Evans
I can send you the MABDR but I’m not releasing the VTPAT yet. I’ve only done from Maryland to Woodward in PA. I don’t want to release something that I haven’t 100% proofed out yet. Plus, the VTPAT is sooo easy. It’s like a scenic drive lol. Hold on, I have a video from when I ran it.
I’d love a fox of MADBR as well if you wouldn’t mind. Thanks Josh

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Hello overlanders, I am wondering if this complete trail is still open, with no closed roads, etc,. I am temporarily based in NYC and is looking to discover this trail in late November.
It’s open, there may be a couple trees down in some sections and some sections may be closed for winter but there are winter routes.

treeska1

Rank 0

Contributor I

nj
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Triarsi
Hello all a buddy and I are going to do the tnjt in a couple days both of us will be on street legal 650's. I have a copy of the route but I put it in google and street viewed it. On street view it seems like all pavement? Do I have the right trail.

Starts at High Point and takes Sawmill to Ridge Road to Savanah rd to Deckertown tpke to Grau Rd............ Does this sound right? We are going to just do the first section. I appreciate any imput you all may have. Thuis is the first trek like this so I want to do it right. Also does anyone know how long the first section is? Is gas an issue or are there bailouts or stations through out the route. Both bike will get easy 100 miles on a tank. Thanks so much for the help. A faster response would be great

SteveNJ

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sussex, NJ, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2ELP
Service Branch
Army
Hello all a buddy and I are going to do the tnjt in a couple days both of us will be on street legal 650's. I have a copy of the route but I put it in google and street viewed it. On street view it seems like all pavement? Do I have the right trail.

Starts at High Point and takes Sawmill to Ridge Road to Savanah rd to Deckertown tpke to Grau Rd............ Does this sound right? We are going to just do the first section. I appreciate any imput you all may have. Thuis is the first trek like this so I want to do it right. Also does anyone know how long the first section is? Is gas an issue or are there bailouts or stations through out the route. Both bike will get easy 100 miles on a tank. Thanks so much for the help. A faster response would be great
Brook road is the first fire road:off-road area on the run, before that is all pavement. After that is some too.