Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

The fiance loved the driving feel of a older forester so much she did the same as me and traded her 2017 in on 2009 forester MT , she does miss her 6-speed already but the driving Dynamics on the older Forester is so much better than the new ones of course that's just our opinion 20190502_174501.jpg

the first mod every Subaru needs is more sound dentning. Was really amazed to pull up the cargo stuff on the fiance's new Forester and see there is zero sound deadening under it, no wonder it's so loud on the freeway . 20190504_002311.jpg
20190504_012746.jpg20190504_022151.jpg

Need to pull the side panels to get the wheel wells and everything but it's a start

Reactions: Ricky-Bobbi

Logan Hall

Rank II

Enthusiast III

The fiance loved the driving feel of a older forester so much she did the same as me and traded her 2017 in on 2009 forester MT , she does miss her 6-speed already but the driving Dynamics on the older Forester is so much better than the new ones of course that's just our opinion View attachment 96539

the first mod every Subaru needs is more sound dentning. Was really amazed to pull up the cargo stuff on the fiance's new Forester and see there is zero sound deadening under it, no wonder it's so loud on the freeway . View attachment 96536
View attachment 96540View attachment 96541

Need to pull the side panels to get the wheel wells and everything but it's a start
Good idea, but did you put the deadening material over top of the door speakers? Or am I not looking at what I think I’m looking at?

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
N
I hate to see my bikes go... The classic bike I want to sell is a 1962 Triumph TR6 Trophy, disguised as a BMW R75. It is a replica of the bike Steve McQueen rode in "The Great Escape." It was a ground up build. I stripped it down, rebuilt the 650cc Triumph motor and then had the front fender custom fabricated complete with the German "WH-13371" horizontal tag. The rear fender was modified from a 90's BMW. I used the front forks from a 2000's model Yamaha adventure touring, and had the handlebars custom fabricated to fit and incorporate the parts to make it street legal (blinkers, bright and dim light modes, speedo, and bar end mirrors). It was a labor of love.

The rare bike I want to sell is a 2004 Buell XB12S Lightning. It is a bad, bad, bad ass bike. 45° V-Twin, 1203cc engine built by Harley Davidson squeezed onto a euro-sport style frame tuned by legendary racer Erik Buell all weighing in at just over 400 lbs. It's best feature - the ground pounder exhaust mounted at the bottom of the motor with the exhaust tips pointing towards the ground in the center of the frame. I found it disused and forgotten about right after I got out of college. The people who had it didn't know anything about it and never really looked into. I got it at a steal. I cleaned it up, had it repainted, new tires, and had to special order a fuel pump that is built into the frame of the bike from Harley. Spent like $2k for the bike, battery, tires, and fuel pump. It only has a little under 8k miles on the odometer. I should be able to turn a good margin on it.

The bike I'm keeping is a 2018 Zero FXS. All electric supermoto. It is insanely fun, lightweight, and next to no maintenance. No oil changes, spark plugs, clutches, filters, or adjustments. It came with two batteries so you can just swap them out. It also has an app that you can tweak it's performance. Since it only weighs like 250 lbs I'm looking at maybe getting one of those hitch racks that can carry a dirtbike like a bicycle.
Not to derail the thread, but I’d love to see pics of all three of those bikes!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
For the Forester lovers. Enjoy
Came out great! Nice work!

New to overland bound, but long time off roader/overlander... Sold my JK last year and bought this Outback. MR118 rims with Pirelli Scorpion A/T's still debating whether to lift it or not.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Please feel free to ask if you ever have any questions about your 5th gen Outback!

Took the forester to Trona and Death Valley last month.
Making me seriously jealous. I’m sure that was an awesome time.

Hobie01

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Dorado County, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoberman
Member #

[/QUOTE]
Making me seriously jealous. I’m sure that was an awesome time.
oh yeah it was a blast! got there before the heat took over and while there were still TONS of flowers from the super bloom (more between lancaster and trona than death valley). it was my first time there. we primarily stayed in Trona near the pinnacles. while at the pinnacles we saw quite a few military jets doing drills above us. what a sight! my wife's family has property in trona so we are planning many more trips to explore the surrounding areas. next few camps will be music festivals and after we are trekking to hoh rainforest area in washington state. Love the '19 forester and can't wait to get more adventure miles on the odometer.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

icestorm

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Richmond, MI, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Miller
Member #

New to the site and thought I would share my Subaru with the other AWD folk out there. Its a 2019 Limited Crosstrek.

So far for mods done it has:
LP Adventures lift kit
Black Rhino Wheels w/ BFG KO2 235/75R15's
Garmin Virb 30 Dash Cam using a Blend Mount under the Rear-View mirror
A GMRS Radio mounted in the center console cubby
And a Switch Pro's Accessory switch kit mounted in the EyeSight Housing.

Next up hopefully will be
Bumper Guar
Skid Plates
Rock Sliders
Roof Rack w/ Tire Carrier
Fog Lights

I've had it since around Sept of last year and its maiden overland trip is planned for Memorial Day weekend. If it handles the trails anything like it handles the snow in the winter, it should make for a great trip!

Hobie01

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Dorado County, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hoberman
Member #

View attachment 98551

I don’t have it fully hooked up yet till I get the lights ordered. But the panel is mounted so far in the cab. I did it when I ran the dash cam wires since I only wanted to open those panels as little as possible.
That is fantastic. How was the install? Is there a lot of shenanigans under the housing panels? ive wondered what is under the eyesight covers for this same purpose. great work!