Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have four FrontRunner boxes. I like stuff that is square as possible and stackable. The Container Stores sells a similar product that is not as rugged and clear but good for food storage. I also use one for clothing so when I am camping in campgrounds all of my clothes don't end up stinking like smoke. Here's a little write up I did.

http://www.4xoverlandadventures.com/storage-solutions/

I love your write up but my wife does not like you at all. I now must spend more money.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I love Frontrunner boxes for the same reasons @1Louder. Square, stackable, tight sealing, and various sizes.. and my wife doesn't need to know how much they cost haha.

Reactions: 1Louder

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
That's ok my wife doesn't like me either!
I really like the WaterBricks. I checked them out online, and as you probably know, they have other products such as Bricks for food or even ammunition-all of which interlock. Because I like them so well, I suppose it is sufficient to say, I will be buying all of the above (bummer that on the WaterBrick for food you have to buy the handle separately). Thanks very much for the tip.

Reactions: 1Louder

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Just read all four threads and really interested in the ideas you all came up with. Im new to the overland scene and been trying to figure out and get ideas on how to pack stuff for a family of four so when we hit the trails and camping out of my JKU-Rubicon.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Adventureswithlaylay

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Van nuys
Member #

so I decided to go with a rubbermaid flip top. perfect stacking capability and very tough. I've worked night crew at home depot and days at ups for 7 years now and I totally didn't take these into consideration at first. but I started thinking about it and I've abused and thrown these things around for 7 years and never broke one. perfect height to store my coolant and oils and keep spare parts and they are lockable. for 9.99 and how reliable they are I had to get two.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@bronco12, keep in mind these offer no water resistance whatsoever, so roof storage is out. In fact they probably make a pretty good funnel!
Even if you remove them from your car at base camp they should be covered. No animal resistance either. Just thought of that last thing just now!

Adventureswithlaylay

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Van nuys
Member #

i bought this one to carry my spare parts and extra oils. this one will stay in my rig most of the time. and will only come out for repairs. my later plans are to add a rack and than I'll go for a more water resistant solution.

Last edited: