Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

Is that the Smittybilt rooftop tent (sorry, distracted from the kitchen build). Thinking of getting one and would like your opinion on the product.
Alex sorry. I just saw your question. Yes it’s the standard Smittybilt RTT. My family and I love it and have camped in it at least 50 nights in a wide range of temperatures and weather. It works, we love it.

RAMM

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ballarat VIC, Australia
First Name
David
Last Name
Ramm
Member #

So this is my "cooking for one" set up. It's just my old hiking stove, and Esky (Ice Box, Chilly Bin) & I have a Jetboil for morning coffee. It all fits into a wolfpack box with a heap of non perishable food.

If I'm Cooking for a few people I will grab a cast iron camp oven & maybe a Weber Cube.

eats 2.jpg

Here's a glamour shot. It's some frozen Dahl I brought from home that photographed well. Unfortunately it tasted horrible though. I had to cover it in so much Tabasco sauce & Coriander (cilantro) to make it edible.

So if I have a pro tip its, always bring sufficient chilli sauce to make anything edible.

eats1.jpg

heyfish

Rank III
Investor

Member I

California
Member #

So I finally mostly finished my quarantine project for a kitchen in the back of my F150. We added a shell last year so I thought I would give a slide out kitchen a go. It's still a work in progress since we haven't been able to get out camping but hopefully we can do that soon. I've been scrolling through every post on kitchens for a year trying to figure out a layout. Hopefully it works once we take it out.

Attachments

heyfish

Rank III
Investor

Member I

California
Member #

Yeah. I bought some heavy duty slides online. The rest is mostly plywood covered with trunk liner fabric. There is a water tank tucked up at the front of the bed along with a 12v system to run the fridge. I tried to use a bunch of stuff we already had like the sinks and stove to save $$. I didn't take a ton of progress pics but here are a few...

Attachments