Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Last weekend, we went way up in the mountains, far away from people. We just needed to decompress and get away from everything. This was my set up, it was amateur hour. Learned a lot on our first cooking camping trip.

View attachment 147201
That gear is way too clean and shiny - you need to get out more :wink: Seriously, that meal looks pretty darned good. One suggestion - look around for a Coleman single burner like the 533 and you'd have a single fuel source for your stoves.

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
Last weekend, we went way up in the mountains, far away from people. We just needed to decompress and get away from everything. This was my set up, it was amateur hour. Learned a lot on our first cooking camping trip.

View attachment 147201

How do you like that butane stove? I've looked at them a couple times but don't know much about them.

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

How do you like that butane stove? I've looked at them a couple times but don't know much about them.
I have the same Dual Fuel Butane / Propane stove. I love it! It has a 12,000 BTU rating which is awesome. I prefer running in it on Propane as the Butane seems to work great when the bottle is new but after a few minutes of use, it diminishes it's output to about half. It may be the butane brand that I used.... Ever since my first use with the Butane, I've switched to propane. I have the stove for a couple years and it has performed flawlessly. Starts easy and modulates great. It so powerful, I've been able to boil water quickly even in big wind storms.

bad road pic 2.jpg

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
I have the same Dual Fuel Butane / Propane stove. I love it! It has a 12,000 BTU rating which is awesome. I prefer running in it on Propane as the Butane seems to work great when the bottle is new but after a few minutes of use, it diminishes it's output to about half. It may be the butane brand that I used.... Ever since my first use with the Butane, I've switched to propane. I have the stove for a couple years and it has performed flawlessly. Starts easy and modulates great. It so powerful, I've been able to boil water quickly even in big wind storms.

View attachment 147395

Thanks. Nice set up by the way.

Reactions: surfnturf

JANITO33

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Miami Gardens, FL, USA
First Name
Alexandro
Last Name
Caraballo
Member #

A big kitchen when you cook for 40 friends

Attachments

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Astor
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4TRD
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I only used it for making coffee and hash bowns on both mornings, seemed to work fine. The stove did come with a propane adapter, I just did not use it.