Launch Member

Contributor II

Havelock, NC, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Askew
Member #

What's everyone's thoughts on attending Overland Expo East 2021? I really want to go. But given the world the way it is these days, I'm on the fence about buying tickets again. They refunded them last year, but who can predict the future? Thoughts?
Following this thread. My thoughts were the same... but my wide and I really want to attend one!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My thought is that it will be ok to attend especially East. The Expo crew is very cautious and if there is anything that throws up a red flag such as Covid restrictions they will cancel it. FYI, Michael and Corrie are planning on attending the show.

T_Forr

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Maryland
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Forr
Member #

I am definitely watching this closely. Really hoping that COVID rules don’t flare back up again before hand!

Reactions: Ursa Major

BuckinghamBuilt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Pasadena, MD
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Buckingham
I planned on attending my first expo last year but it got canceled. I don't see any reason they won't have it for 2021 and October is months away.

K9LTW

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Front Royal, VA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

My wife and I will be there. Just have to figure out logistics with the dogs and such and what day would be best. Of course with it being a holiday weekend, multiple events have to be going on at the same time :disappointed: I have a K9 obstacle course race to run that Saturday in Lewisburg, WV. So we'll either do the expo Friday or Sunday for just the day. Anyone have a recommendation on which day may be better? My fear of Sunday is that vendors and such will pack up early to roll.

SleipnirTheJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Warrenton, VA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Blake
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I am going and staying the weekend. Trying to set up a rally point near Gainesville/Haymarket/Warrenton to convoy down to the event driving straight down 29 through C'ville. Thinking later Friday morning.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I volunteered with OEE in 2018 and 2019. I helped to secure camping for us in 2019 and it went well. I am once again working to secure the same camping area. 2019 had about 30 members camping together. I am hoping we can double that this year. Also I'm thinking of doing a burgoo one night for members. This requires a massive cast iron kettle. Before I haul it there please let me know if that is something ya'll would be interested in.

If you want to go for free I would recommend going to the OE website and volunteering. It's a great way to get the inside scoop on what's happening and it comes with lots of perks. I will be arriving LATE Wednesday (we are overlanding to the event) night because I will be volunteering Thursday and Monday.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I volunteered with OEE in 2018 and 2019. I helped to secure camping for us in 2019 and it went well. I am once again working to secure the same camping area. 2019 had about 30 members camping together. I am hoping we can double that this year. Also I'm thinking of doing a burgoo one night for members. This requires a massive cast iron kettle. Before I haul it there please let me know if that is something ya'll would be interested in.

If you want to go for free I would recommend going to the OE website and volunteering. It's a great way to get the inside scoop on what's happening and it comes with lots of perks. I will be arriving LATE Wednesday (we are overlanding to the event) night because I will be volunteering Thursday and Monday.
In x2 - my wife and I will drive in from Norfolk on Thursday departing Sunday. Burgoo sounds great.

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

BuckinghamBuilt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Pasadena, MD
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Buckingham
Expo East is about a four hour drive from me (central Maryland). If the wife and two dogs end up tagging along I'll probably make a weekend out of it and stay at a local campground. There are a few recommendations on the Overland Expo website but RV sites are 30 plus miles away so hopefully I can find something closer.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Expo East is about a four hour drive from me (central Maryland). If the wife and two dogs end up tagging along I'll probably make a weekend out of it and stay at a local campground. There are a few recommendations on the Overland Expo website but RV sites are 30 plus miles away so hopefully I can find something closer.
Why are you going to stay at a different camp site? I'd stay at the venue if I was you.....you'll miss out on all the real fun at night....

BuckinghamBuilt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Pasadena, MD
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Buckingham
Why are you going to stay at a different camp site? I'd stay at the venue if I was you.....you'll miss out on all the real fun at night....
The wife likes the conform of our rv trailer plus having our two dogs with us (leaving them unattended). She is not 100% sure she is going and if she doesn't I'll be staying at the venue.

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
Maybe this will be the year. I intended to go to what ended up being the mud fest in Ashville, but life got in the way.

Reactions: Kent R

deltafred

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Ruckersville, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Crouch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None Yet!
Service Branch
Marine Corps; Army
Hi, I am the new guy. The location of this is like 50 some odd miles from my house...will probably end up going!

Ed1774

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Is there any promo codes for OB members? I'm on the fence to go and I see a spot for a promo code on the registration page. I'm considering the full package and bringing my motorcycle so I can do some of the moto classes.