Overland Expo East 2018 Discussion Thread (Not region specific)

• HTML tutorial

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I was tagging him on this thread @Janie so that he could see some of the members from Florida who have posted. If they haven’t already someone should take the lead on organizing a caravan from the south.

Reactions: Janie

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

We really would like to meet up with everyone in Asheville but as we will be coming in from Augusta, Ga it would be another what 50mins past Hendersonville? Then roll out at 4pm and come back down to Hendersonville and probably get in and start setting up at 5pm? Think it would be cutting it too close to nightfall and especially since it might be raining thursday evening.

We will be on the look out for others there though. We will probably be playing a game/cooking and having some adult beverages... =)

Reactions: Drifterman

mmp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

We really would like to meet up with everyone in Asheville but as we will be coming in from Augusta, Ga it would be another what 50mins past Hendersonville? Then roll out at 4pm and come back down to Hendersonville and probably get in and start setting up at 5pm? Think it would be cutting it too close to nightfall and especially since it might be raining thursday evening.

We will be on the look out for others there though. We will probably be playing a game/cooking and having some adult beverages... =)
I'm from Augusta also. I'll try to keep an eye out for the jeep in your avatar. Would be nice to meet some people local to us.

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

Totally understandable. Whenever I shared a link to it I would say for all points other than south. We’ll see you at Expo!

Reactions: ob_explore

ob_explore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA 70507 US
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Totally understandable. Whenever I shared a link to it I would say for all points other than south. We’ll see you at Expo!
I'm kinda in the same boat...be coming from the south. Depending on what time I get there, I may just hang around somewhere on the route into Reeb Ranch for the caravan.

WIGGLE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Carmel, IN
Member #

We'll be heading down Wednesday night. We're doing the Overland Experience so we'll be trying to get to the camp early on Thursday. It's our first time going so we're pretty excited. We'll be heading down from Indianapolis after work on Wednesday in our Commander and LR4. Anyone know if you can leave the camp ground once you're in? Like get there early, get a campsite setup, then maybe head back out to the Papas and Beers thing? Would that work? Either way, really looking forward to meeting all you guys there and checking out the cool rigs.

Reactions: Drifterman

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Just a reminder but here is the rally point link for those of you interested in meeting up before heading in. If you're in the east and want to caravan down the link is in my sig. Also, for anyone interested, we are trail riding/camping in George Washington and Jefferson National Forest (Virginia) wednesday. That information is also in the caravan link in my sig. Feel free to tag along or meet up with us!

2018 Expo East Caravan Meeting Point - 11/08/2018

We'll be heading down Wednesday night. We're doing the Overland Experience so we'll be trying to get to the camp early on Thursday. It's our first time going so we're pretty excited. We'll be heading down from Indianapolis after work on Wednesday in our Commander and LR4. Anyone know if you can leave the camp ground once you're in? Like get there early, get a campsite setup, then maybe head back out to the Papas and Beers thing? Would that work? Either way, really looking forward to meeting all you guys there and checking out the cool rigs.
Glad you're making the trip and looking forward to meeting you! I've seen people driving around all over before. The important part is getting there to 'check in' while HQ is still staffed which, as we know, is 6 on Thursday.