Overland Expo East 2018 Discussion Thread (Not region specific)

• HTML tutorial

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hey all,

I saw there was an "Official" general (non-region specific) thread for last year, but I haven't seen one for 2018. If there is one please just point me to it, if not we can use this one.

So here it is. Let's talk Overland Expo East 2018!

1. Who is going?
  2. Where are you leaving from to get to Expo East?
  3. Would anyone like to meet somewhere in Asheville to roll in together to get a campsite for Overland Bound members?
We just got our tickets and we're pretty excited. This is our first Overland Expo. We'll be literally overlanding to overland. Leaving from somewhere in Oklahoma (I'm guessing?) Not really sure as we travel full time, but I think we'll be in Oklahoma around the time we'd need to cross-country to Asheville.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 7.04.13 PM.png

Would love to hear from others who are planning to be there.

Eric AKA Jeepsies
#OB14045

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey all,

I saw there was an "Official" general (non-region specific) thread for last year, but I haven't seen one for 2018. If there is one please just point me to it, if not we can use this one.

So here it is. Let's talk Overland Expo East 2018!

1. Who is going?
  2. Where are you leaving from to get to Expo East?
  3. Would anyone like to meet somewhere in Asheville to roll in together to get a campsite for Overland Bound members?
We just got our tickets and we're pretty excited. This is our first Overland Expo. We'll be literally overlanding to overland. Leaving from somewhere in Oklahoma (I'm guessing?) Not really sure as we travel full time, but I think we'll be in Oklahoma around the time we'd need to cross-country to Asheville.

View attachment 65855

Would love to hear from others who are planning to be there.

Eric AKA Jeepsies
#OB14045
I’m confirmed as well! This will be my first Expo too, the wife and I are staying on site (camping/weekend package)... hopefully with a few local NOVA/DMV OB members as well.

Driving down Thursday.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

I’m confirmed as well! This will be my first Expo too, the wife and I are staying on site (camping/weekend package)... hopefully with a few local NOVA/DMV OB members as well.

Driving down Thursday.
Awesome! Would love to meet you guys. We have the same, a weekend camping package. It will be myself, my wife and our 23 month old. But he's a cool kid and he's been full-time traveling since birth. I'm hoping we can find some folks to camp with that are Overland Bound members. We really just want to hang out with folks and check out all the latest products, maybe make some purchases.

It will not only be our first time at overland expo, it will be our first time overlanding.. from Oklahoma to North Carolina.

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I intend on starting a caravan thread for the northeast when it gets closer but I’ll definitely keep my eye on this one as well.

As it is there are some of us meeting at http://www.papasandbeerasheville.net/ on Thursday between 3-4 for some food and perhaps an adult beverage. After hopefully collecting others from other regions we will drive down to Expo together.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

I intend on starting a caravan thread for the northeast when it gets closer but I’ll definitely keep my eye on this one as well.

As it is there are some of us meeting at http://www.papasandbeerasheville.net/ on Thursday between 3-4 for some food and perhaps an adult beverage. After hopefully collecting others from other regions we will drive down to Expo together.
Perfect! This is great. I won’t know where we’re leaving from to get there until we are there #hazardsoffulltimetravellife but I’ll see what we can do to make that rendezvous at Papas.

Should be quite the caravan!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I was hoping you wouldn’t post that thread as this one was intended to be general and not region specific. That one is mainly about folks in the East Region, not the title but the discussion from the OP.

This one was intended not to be region specific.

Sorry...trying to help. Gone.

Reactions: Hourless Life

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Awesome! Would love to meet you guys. We have the same, a weekend camping package. It will be myself, my wife and our 23 month old. But he's a cool kid and he's been full-time traveling since birth. I'm hoping we can find some folks to camp with that are Overland Bound members. We really just want to hang out with folks and check out all the latest products, maybe make some purchases.

It will not only be our first time at overland expo, it will be our first time overlanding.. from Oklahoma to North Carolina.

Eric AKA Jeepsies
Check out the East threads, we should be coordinating there. Or we can sync up via PM.

There are a couple of us heading down from the DC area and you more than welcome to camp with us!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

This will be my first Overland Expo event as well, and super excited. I'm one of the DC area folks, along with @NovaBound, @JRElaxED , and few others, that will be camping on site as well. Sounds like we'll have a great OB turnout!
Really looking forward to meeting all y'all! Save me a spot if you get there before I do please? Enough room for a Jeep with a Batwing Awning? Would love to camp with y'all.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Really looking forward to meeting all y'all! Save me a spot if you get there before I do please? Enough room for a Jeep with a Batwing Awning? Would love to camp with y'all.
There will be a few of us arriving on Thursday...Will do what we can! Hoping we can carve out a nice little spot for quite a few.

It’s our first event, so we are kind of winging it.