Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm on Echolink again this morning if anyone wants to chat. My HF antenna is out of commission right now so I'm exploring this a little.

Reactions: KyleGrant

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
To all watching this thread. The Ham Net Rally Point is up this morning. Please note the time change. There was a conflict on the USA-GNG server that I did not see. It has been changed to 5:30pm same Friday nights. I hope this is not a problem for anybody. This thread will be copied and pasted under same heading but under Rally Points going forward. Look for info there. I will also be uploading the NET control script to the RP for fill in controllers to get the info needed. I will also update an agenda and recap under the first post in the new forum. Thank you for all interested and who helped get this off the ground. It is now an Official OB Weekly Ham Net.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Since I am new to echolink I just found the *GeekJeep* (Geeks in Jeeps Amateur Radio Club) conference server.
If you needed a difference conf server they may be worth checking out, I mean they should welcome an off road related net...or so I would imagine.

Have the current one saved to favorites though, maybe one day I will get to check in to the net.

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Since I am new to echolink I just found the *GeekJeep* (Geeks in Jeeps Amateur Radio Club) conference server.
If you needed a difference conf server they may be worth checking out, I mean they should welcome an off road related net...or so I would imagine.

Have the current one saved to favorites though, maybe one day I will get to check in to the net.
I saw that too. I don't get to monitor enough to know what goes on there though. It was linked to a repeater for one net last week when we were playing around with it. I couldn't get checked in to it to get info because of the carrier drop rule that the group it was linked too wasn't observing.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR

Not sure if you saw this yet, but you can know add your call sign to your profile page. Here is the link to the new thread. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/your-ham-call-sign-on-member-banner.20824/unread

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I just realized that I never expressed my interest. Please add me to the list of interested amateur radio operators for the Net. I won't be able to make this Friday due to a Church Christmas party, but will check into the next one.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I just realized that I never expressed my interest. Please add me to the list of interested amateur radio operators for the Net. I won't be able to make this Friday due to a Church Christmas party, but will check into the next one.
You can now go to rally point and RSVP there or just join NET when you can. If interested in helping with NET control let me know. Thanks Brent KJ7BHN

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I'm down. A DMR net would be cool too
We are working on a linking a site called Global DX. When we get this done, you will be able to connect to NET via DMR, Fusion, Allstar along with Echolink. This should add flexibility to getting on. I will post on Rally Point and also recurring Weekly Net thread. Thanks Brent KJ7BHN

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
That sounds great. Would this be a full time talk group type of thing that OB members can get on whenever they like and talk to other members or just connected for nets?

Reactions: Prerunner1982

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

We are working on a linking a site called Global DX. When we get this done, you will be able to connect to NET via DMR, Fusion, Allstar along with Echolink. This should add flexibility to getting on. I will post on Rally Point and also recurring Weekly Net thread. Thanks Brent KJ7BHN
No d-star?

ajtaco

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fullerton CA
Member #

I'm going to try and get in on my phone or from a repeater off wiresx, I have not done either before so hopefully I don't mess it up for the group :) thanks for getting this going
-wa6arb

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

That sounds great. Would this be a full time talk group type of thing that OB members can get on whenever they like and talk to other members or just connected for nets?
I'm fairly sure we could request a permanent DMR TG for OB but what do we do with dstar and ysf users? Ideally, we'd want a multimode reflector with transcoding but it'd be difficult to put one together.
For Nets, one of the large existing systems (ie. The Quadnet Array, The Constellation, etc.) will do.
Then we have the non-ham people that want in the conversation. A Zello OB group could work.