Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I'm interested and trying to get EchoLInk updated and validated. Not sure how to use it, but willing to attempt if I can.

KM6YFE
I will add you the list. Let me know if I can help in any way. I will be available the rest of tonight and most of day tomorrow.

12poundtest

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
The following members have shown interest or responded to starting the Net in the other thread. If you don't want to be involved in start up test run let me know. All others if not on Echolink, download the software and get running. Its easy but takes a little time to configure and open router sometimes. There is detailed instructions on Echolink site. I will get mine reconfigured for Friday.

@CKayaks
@Prerunner1982
@greydog
@KD7WCD
@Plasmajab
@12poundtest
@ru108
@RyanC
@SW_UT_FJ
@brien
@RyanC
@Overland Commander
@W5ADH
@ArmyofMike
@MikeDer
Thank you for setting up the trial run Brent. I'll be online tomorrow evening and will join if there is an open slot.
Ed - N7PHY

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Ok, here is the info and starting agenda for the NET tomorrow. 6pm Pacific Standard Time

Node is KJ7BHN (my personal) and we are going to open it up to 20 members if we get that many. This will be for one time only and if we get enough interest, which is building up, then I have secured a conference servers for us. Brian and Jim from USA-GNG which is know for the GritsNGravy conference has agreed to host us and also promote us on their website. @ru108 is going to be controller of this NET if he can get some things worked out on his Echolink. We have a Script and it will be roundtable. Here is rough agenda

Control intro with instruction of NET
Check in by members with call sign and OB ID or member number
Turn over to Brent to go over rough ideas of how future net should look and solicit ideas.
Have each member to 2 min intro of themselves. Where located, history of getting into overlanding etc.
Open discussion or announcements
Close Net

Remember that all Ham radio rules apply to NET and there can be no business solicitation. Need to keep it personal in nature as with all Ham Radio. Let me know if I missed something and we can add. Also remember that this is a test NET and there will be bugs to work out and things to fix. Looking forward to hearing everyone that can attend tomorrow night.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Thank you for setting up the trial run Brent. I'll be online tomorrow evening and will join if there is an open slot.
Ed - N7PHY
Sounds good. There should be as we think we can handle up to 35 but limited to 20 this time. We don't have 20 members on list yet so should be no problem. Thanks for the interest.

Reactions: 12poundtest

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Ok, here is the info and starting agenda for the NET tomorrow. 6pm Pacific Standard Time

Node is KJ7BHN (my personal) and we are going to open it up to 20 members if we get that many. This will be for one time only and if we get enough interest, which is building up, then I have secured a conference servers for us. Brian and Jim from USA-GNG which is know for the GritsNGravy conference has agreed to host us and also promote us on their website. @ru108 is going to be controller of this NET if he can get some things worked out on his Echolink. We have a Script and it will be roundtable. Here is rough agenda

Control intro with instruction of NET
Check in by members with call sign and OB ID or member number
Turn over to Brent to go over rough ideas of how future net should look and solicit ideas.
Have each member to 2 min intro of themselves. Where located, history of getting into overlanding etc.
Open discussion or announcements
Close Net

Remember that all Ham radio rules apply to NET and there can be no business solicitation. Need to keep it personal in nature as with all Ham Radio. Let me know if I missed something and we can add. Also remember that this is a test NET and there will be bugs to work out and things to fix. Looking forward to hearing everyone that can attend tomorrow night.
Is there a node number for someone dialing in from an actual radio to a linked radio?

Last edited:

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Is there a code number for someone dialing in from an actual radio to a linked radio?
I am too new to ham and echolink to answer this. My node number is 222164 but don't know how to connect other then echolink. I am online now if you want to try

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Could in a few. Need to dust off the HT and see if I can hit a local repeater.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
@Brentc17 Awsome work, sir! Sorry I’ve been out of the loop this evening. The monthly club meeting was tonight and I just got home. Worked a 12, long meeting then an hour drive home. I’m pretty well whipped right now.

I did get It running on my laptop ONCE earlier today, but nothing since, so I’ll work on it more in the morning. Worse case, I think I should be able to handle it on my phone. It might be a bit clunky and slow, but we’ll see. If it gets too aggravating, I’ll turn it over to you for the remainder of the net. I also found a logging program, so I’m going to play with that and see if it is better than handwritten.

Basically, we’re going to be experimental from start to finish tomorrow, so to everyone else reading this, please bear with me and I’ll do my best. This will also be my first time as Net Control, so try not to laugh me off the air. [emoji23]

Shane, K5TIN

Reactions: RyanC and SW_UT_FJ

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
@Brentc17 Awsome work, sir! Sorry I’ve been out of the loop this evening. The monthly club meeting was tonight and I just got home. Worked a 12, long meeting then an hour drive home. I’m pretty well whipped right now.

I did get It running on my laptop ONCE earlier today, but nothing since, so I’ll work on it more in the morning. Worse case, I think I should be able to handle it on my phone. It might be a bit clunky and slow, but we’ll see. If it gets too aggravating, I’ll turn it over to you for the remainder of the net. I also found a logging program, so I’m going to play with that and see if it is better than handwritten.

Basically, we’re going to be experimental from start to finish tomorrow, so to everyone else reading this, please bear with me and I’ll do my best. This will also be my first time as Net Control, so try not to laugh me off the air. [emoji23]

Shane, K5TIN
Sounds good. We are all going to learn and test it together. Nobody is going to have a problem with it. I have made contact over Echolink with a couple of members over last couple of days and everyone seems eager to help and learn as we go. Thanks for doing this and keep us posted on how computer vs phone proceeds tomorrow. I will be online and ready about an hour before NET if we need to test anything.

Reactions: ru108 and SW_UT_FJ

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Do we need an external mic and earphones/computer speaker? [emoji847]
No, but you need to have a computer with sound and mic built in. If not then yes but most computers or laptops have it included. You can also use APP on phone. If you need to test, I am online right now and you can connect up and test

Reactions: ArmyofMike

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
I think he thought we would be promoting the OB site and products. I did not get to explain before he started scolding me. Maybe just grumpy old man. The others said as long as its not only for members and we discuss topics like any other NET we are fine. Just need to head to Ham radio rules which will be part of NET controller and script
You'll find plenty of grumpy old men in ham radio. Don't let us discourage you.[emoji6] [emoji106]

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Add me to the list of interested, please, Brent. KG5JLP. My son has a swim meet this evening, so I may not make it, but I'll give it the ol' college try.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
@ru108 is going to be controller of this NET if he can get some things worked out on his Echolink.
OK. I'm pretty sure I've got it worked out AND up and running on my laptop. Works on the test server, so.... Sorry to yell, but, I HATE WINDOWS 10!!! Looking forward to tonight.

Shane, K5TIN

Last edited:

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
No worries. We'll probably be on for at least a good hour working out the kinks and making plans, so you should be good to join in when you can. If not, then we'll send you the CliffsNotes, lol.