Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
What node will we use for the Friday net? VA3IRA here, if your wonderin who added you to favorites.
We are testing my node and will supply info tomorrow. Only have bandwidth for 7-8 members and if we get more interest going to find a conference server. With current rate of interest I think I will look into server. More info coming

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN
The following members have shown interest or responded to starting the Net in the other thread. If you don't want to be involved in start up test run let me know. All others if not on Echolink, download the software and get running. Its easy but takes a little time to configure and open router sometimes. There is detailed instructions on Echolink site. I will get mine reconfigured for Friday.

@CKayaks
@Prerunner1982
@greydog
@KD7WCD
@Plasmajab
@12poundtest
@ru108
@RyanC
@SW_UT_FJ
@brien
@RyanC
Interested. KD2QMS

Reactions: MarioG

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Update on NET for Friday. We will do the first trial NET on my personal node. It is my call sign which is KJ7BHN. I have tested it with single users calling me but not multiple at one time. I will be logged in this morning for 3 hours so if there is anyway a couple of you can log into me at the same time we could test before Friday. If not, we will soon find out. Also talked to a couple of Echolink conference servers. One was rude and said what we were doing was illegal. One gave me some good advise but there server was not a good fit. But I did find a conference server that will host our NET if it become reality. They have GB of bandwidth and 3 redundant servers in the USA. There is no charge as they host their own net on it but they accept small donations with PayPal. I am putting together an agenda and looking over several generic scripts that we can adapt to our NET purposes. All and any input is appreciated. More to come this evening Brent KJ7BHN

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Fridays are out for me, but you can't satisfy everyone so carry on.
I did go ahead and download the echolink app, just waiting for my confirmation.

May be neat to have an OLB echolink node to congregate on during drivetime, weekends, whenever.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Fridays are out for me, but you can't satisfy everyone so carry on.
I did go ahead and download the echolink app, just waiting for my confirmation.

May be neat to have an OLB echolink node to congregate on during drivetime, weekends, whenever.
I like this idea. Don't even have to have our own, just need permission to use one of the others. I will talk to conference server about that. I think its open unless they have another NET on it.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Did they care to provide any explanation as to what exactly was so illegal? :smirk:
I think he thought we would be promoting the OB site and products. I did not get to explain before he started scolding me. Maybe just grumpy old man. The others said as long as its not only for members and we discuss topics like any other NET we are fine. Just need to head to Ham radio rules which will be part of NET controller and script

Reactions: KD7WCD

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I like this idea. Don't even have to have our own, just need permission to use one of the others. I will talk to conference server about that. I think its open unless they have another NET on it.
I didn't really mean a site funded node, but exactly as you stated an approved node to go to.

Reactions: RyanC

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Howard
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3IRA
I think he thought we would be promoting the OB site and products. I did not get to explain before he started scolding me. Maybe just grumpy old man. The others said as long as its not only for members and we discuss topics like any other NET we are fine. Just need to head to Ham radio rules which will be part of NET controller and script
Grumpy old man that thinks they know everything with a amateur radio? No! It Cant be! Impossible!! :laughing:

/sarasm Still, really looking foreward to this.

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
I'm interested and trying to get EchoLInk updated and validated. Not sure how to use it, but willing to attempt if I can.

KM6YFE