Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I'm fairly sure we could request a permanent DMR TG for OB but what do we do with dstar and ysf users? Ideally, we'd want a multimode reflector with transcoding but it'd be difficult to put one together.
For Nets, one of the large existing systems (ie. The Quadnet Array, The Constellation, etc.) will do.
Then we have the non-ham people that want in the conversation. A Zello OB group could work.
The site we are talking to already has a TG in fusion, dmr and all star and when NET is on will link them all together. If the NET takes off then we can decide if we want to tackle owning a conference server and linking it to the different digital TG out there. I say if somebody else has the resources set up already and it does 90% of what we need then we start with that. The NET tonight is only Echolink and don't know when we will have other linked. Thanks for the input and support

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
I'm going to try and get in on my phone or from a repeater off wiresx, I have not done either before so hopefully I don't mess it up for the group :) thanks for getting this going
-wa6arb
This will not work tonight, only available via Echolink tonight. Node 591550. The linking of other digital systems we are planning for next week but will announce on thread and rally point thanks Brent

Reactions: ajtaco

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
For all members watching this thread. There are 3 new ways to access the weekly NET in addition to Echolink. It is also linked to DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130. If you don't have your license yet and want to listen only you can do that on www.broadcastify.com/listen/fee/29437/web.

Please look at the Rally Point and recurring thread for the Weekly NET going forward. All updates will be happening on those 2 boards and no more updates here. Thanks all who have supported this effort and please turn in to recurring Weekly NET thread for updated details every week.

Reactions: Jimmy P and RyanC

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

For all members watching this thread. There are 3 new ways to access the weekly NET in addition to Echolink. It is also linked to DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130. If you don't have your license yet and want to listen only you can do that on www.broadcastify.com/listen/fee/29437/web.

Please look at the Rally Point and recurring thread for the Weekly NET going forward. All updates will be happening on those 2 boards and no more updates here. Thanks all who have supported this effort and please turn in to recurring Weekly NET thread for updated details every week.
Mind if I post this on "Overland Canada" fb group?

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Hopefully I won't be bad enough to readily compare with ANYONE! :fearscream: I'm seriously considering doing what Terry did last week and grab a 6 pack on the way home from work in the morning to lube up a bit and relax before we get started. I've been talking on radios my whole adult life in law enforcement with about two years of it as a dispatcher, so I'm not really sure why I'm so wound up. I was told I did pretty good a couple of weeks ago when we did the first net, but since I don't know any of y'all personally, I COULD have been lied too! :flushed: J/K of course... :smiley:

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hopefully I won't be bad enough to readily compare with ANYONE! :fearscream: I'm seriously considering doing what Terry did last week and grab a 6 pack on the way home from work in the morning to lube up a bit and relax before we get started. I've been talking on radios my whole adult life in law enforcement with about two years of it as a dispatcher, so I'm not really sure why I'm so wound up. I was told I did pretty good a couple of weeks ago when we did the first net, but since I don't know any of y'all personally, I COULD have been lied too! :flushed: J/K of course... :smiley:
Take it easy man. It's "amateur" radio. Not like you'll be landing airplanes. [emoji1787][emoji106]

Reactions: TerryD and ru108

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
We are all human here, I think a few small mistakes are expected and keeps it real. Be yourself, have fun and go with the flow. If you didn't do a good job on the first practice NET....I would of told you. Straight shooter here good or bad. Its going to be fun. I noticed that the longer we went with Terry the more comfortable he got and more relaxed. That's what I expect tomorrow and then by Jan you both will be pros and every net in the country will be calling!

Reactions: TerryD and ru108

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Take it easy man. It's "amateur" radio. Not like you'll be landing airplanes.
Can I be cranky and yell "Get off my lawn!" occasionally? I was at a buddy's house a while back listening to one of the 75M bands and that's all I could think of with some of the arguing going on. Seriously though, I'm good to go. Just a little bored here at work, which is a good thing.

Reactions: TerryD

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Come on guys.. what expectations? We're a bunch of guys having a long distance chat about (mostly) guys stuff. And, hopefully, we'll get to talk more about our passion of driving/offroading/travelling/camping/etc than ham technicalities. Yes, we're using the ham format for nets, but we're there cause we're all here on OB and we want to talk that kind of stuff. So everybody relax. Q codes are not required.

That reminds me one of the test questions, which was about location and how do you ask for that info. The answers were:
1. What is your QTH?
2. What is your location?
3. (I don't remember the 3rd)
The corect answer was #2.
So even the big bro govt tells me to take it easy.

Reactions: ru108 and RyanC

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Q signs are the hardest part for me to get into HF. They make sense for CW or low data rate digital but on SSB can we please use words?

Reactions: ru108