Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, here are some thoughts to kick off your week!

Overland Bound. Our Mission. What we stand for. Where we are going. While traveling recently in the Sierras, I was pondering important issues and though I should share. Why we do what we do is obvious to us, but maybe not be to all. This quick video might help. It won't answer all questions, but hits the high points. Thank you for watching!

Outfit & Explore!

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I love the port of call idea. Will you put together a "volunteer" database so people traveling to locations will have someone they can reach with a need or just to socialize with a fellow overlander? I know some may be hesitant to share a cell phone number but that is truly the best way to contact someone, especially in an emergency. Put me on the list.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I love the port of call idea. Will you put together a "volunteer" database so people traveling to locations will have someone they can reach with a need or just to socialize with a fellow overlander? I know some may be hesitant to share a cell phone number but that is truly the best way to contact someone, especially in an emergency. Put me on the list.
We'll be developing this further. There are some technical hurtles to jump. You can play with the member map here: http://www.overlandbound.com/member-locations/

We need a few things before making this real public!

Answer is yes.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk Beta

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I love it. We think alike.
Its a shame the european people arent much active on the forum. Hopefully they are in the field.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I have messed with that wordpress thing several times and still can't get myself on the map. *shrug*. Judging by the latency of that site, I am guessing it won't scale all that well for us. Might need to think about something lighter on it's feet than WP.

Reactions: Michael

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

I agree with everything said. Keep up the good work. I usually find people out in the middle of no where that were not prepared. Almost every trip. Many of the spare parts, fluids, tools I carry have not been used on my rig but on others. Its important to raise awareness around planning a trip and helping other learn what it may take to complete there journey.