Member I

Valley City, OH, USA
First Name
Michaela
Last Name
Staufer
Member #

Hello from Valley City, Ohio!
I'm brand new to overlanding but very excited to get out and truly experience life.
I'm trying to get a few trips planned for this year.
Any suggestions for my first overland trail?

Reactions: collinskev

LndXrsr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cincinnati
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
A
Member #

Hey all! Checking in from Cincinnati. Originally from central MIchigan area and grew up exploring the deep woods of the northern lower peninsula. Wife and I like to get out and explore on trips that range from deep backcountry hiking to car camping to just plain ol' road trips. Setting up our Land Cruiser to do a combination of all these things.

Reactions: Gecko792

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Hey all! Checking in from Cincinnati. Originally from central MIchigan area and grew up exploring the deep woods of the northern lower peninsula. Wife and I like to get out and explore on trips that range from deep backcountry hiking to car camping to just plain ol' road trips. Setting up our Land Cruiser to do a combination of all these things.
Hey Andrew. Welcome to the club. I’m in Cincinnati too and have been hiking/camping all my life. Been working on my overland rig for about 3 years now (slowly) but really took it to a new level when I got my RTT 2 months ago. You interested in a cars/coffee meetup once this Covid thing calms down a bit? Would love to make some new overlanding friends. Especially locally.

Hit me up.

Dan
IG @darkrunneroverland

Attachments

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Hey Andrew. Welcome to the club. I’m in Cincinnati too and have been hiking/camping all my life. Been working on my overland rig for about 3 years now (slowly) but really took it to a new level when I got my RTT 2 months ago. You interested in a cars/coffee meetup once this Covid thing calms down a bit? Would love to make some new overlanding friends. Especially locally.

Hit me up.

Dan
IG @darkrunneroverland
keep me posted I am east of Columbus (Buckeye Lake) an I'll meet up for trips, was planning on Colorado ab New Mexico this spring but the virus shut that down so thinking of Maine late summer an definitely rooftop tent ralley in Virginia again this year.

LndXrsr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cincinnati
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
A
Member #

Love the truck, Dan. Definitely up for a meetup with whomever we can get together. Busy or traveling for the rest of June, but would love to make some plans for the future. @Gecko792, happy to have anyone available in the area join up.

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Love the truck, Dan. Definitely up for a meetup with whomever we can get together. Busy or traveling for the rest of June, but would love to make some plans for the future. @Gecko792, happy to have anyone available in the area join up.
thanks let me know whenever you plan my JT is capable as is now an my Dana 60's just finished welding rear brackets so suspension ,wheels an tires should be good anytime. I also just need to modify my ARB fridge tray but I still am ready to go, THANKS

dubbinchris

Rank VI
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
In Westerville just north of Columbus. Planning a trip out to Colorado in about three weeks with my land cruiser. Definitely down to meet some Ohio folks.

Attachments

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

In Westerville just north of Columbus. Planning a trip out to Colorado in about three weeks with my land cruiser. Definitely down to meet some Ohio folks.
I am out at Buckeye Lake let's meet up if I could get my JT done by then.

LndXrsr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cincinnati
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
A
Member #

My trip next week is out to CO. Going to hit Black Canyon and Rocky Mtn Nat'l Parks and also head SW toward Silverton/Ouray where your picture is. Hoping to do Engineer and Cinnamon, not sure about Imogene/Black Bear at this point in the season.

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

My trip next week is out to CO. Going to hit Black Canyon and Rocky Mtn Nat'l Parks and also head SW toward Silverton/Ouray where your picture is. Hoping to do Engineer and Cinnamon, not sure about Imogene/Black Bear at this point in the season.
yes I did last year do you have Instagram or email. I really still am hoping to go back this year just need to do a few things on my JT

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
Greetings LandX from the North end of Cincy Also! I grew up in NW Montana and still maintain property there. Check in with me - there are several trail rides and campouts going on in the Red River Gorge / Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway in KY - about 2 hours to our south. I'll be heading down to one this weekend. Also, we have a KY chapter of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association you might be interested in originating out of NKY in the Walton area. PM me directly if interested in details!

Reactions: DanW and Gecko792

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK

Hit me up.

Dan
IG @darkrunneroverland
Hey Dan,

I'm interested in anything within driving distance of Cincy. I know Louisville has had a few Coffee and Cars meet ups but they've been a bit too far on a workday.

James

BlackbeardZC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ohio
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Hey everyone! I’m just South of New Philadelphia. I recently got a 2019 Ford Ranger and I also have a two door JEEP jk (stock unfortunately)

06--4Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lancaster, Ohio
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Springer
Member #

Hello from Lancaster. Does anyone on here know of any good trails to go on around here ?? Looking to take my kids out on an adventure. Thanks in advance.