Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Hello from Lancaster. Does anyone on here know of any good trails to go on around here ?? Looking to take my kids out on an adventure. Thanks in advance.
some of the best areas are just east of you in the Hocking Hills,Ohio

06--4Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lancaster, Ohio
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Springer
Member #

I wish there was something in the immediate area, but I know there is not. I am just not sure of where near by. There are no maps or anything that says where we can do some mild off road that will not destroy your vehicle. I am willing to travel, I just need some idea of where to go. Thanks

Geoff_07

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Loveland, OH
First Name
Geoff
Last Name
Tipton
Member #

New member from Loveland, OH (Cincinnati outskirts) here!

Anyone know of any trails in the northern Kentucky, SE Indiana area? I'm planning some weekend trips to Wayne National Forest and RRG in Kentucky, but hoping to find something a little closer to home for 1/2 day drives.

sgthusk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1773 Steward Harbough Road, Williamsburg, Ohio 45176, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Huskey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W8JWH
I wish there was something in the immediate area, but I know there is not. I am just not sure of where near by. There are no maps or anything that says where we can do some mild off road that will not destroy your vehicle. I am willing to travel, I just need some idea of where to go. Thanks
I’ve found gravelmap.com helpful in finding places to softroad. I drive a 2018 Ford Escape so have to be careful. We’ve found some great places to explore in southern Ohio. It’s fun to be out and only pass people in side by sides and quads.

Geoff_07

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Loveland, OH
First Name
Geoff
Last Name
Tipton
Member #

I’ve found gravelmap.com helpful in finding places to softroad. I drive a 2018 Ford Escape so have to be careful. We’ve found some great places to explore in southern Ohio. It’s fun to be out and only pass people in side by sides and quads.
Didn't know about gravelmap.com. Thanks for mentioning!

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
Hello from Lancaster. Does anyone on here know of any good trails to go on around here ?? Looking to take my kids out on an adventure. Thanks in advance.
Jeremiah. Get with Tony Merriman out of Columbus - he's an OB member and also runs a FB group called Weekend Wanderer's. Also, join the Overlandbound - Midwest group if you haven't done so already and introduce yourself. There is a Toyota specific trail ride this weekend I'll be in attendance at this weekend in KY on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway if interested.

Jmaes

06--4Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lancaster, Ohio
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Springer
Member #

Jeremiah. Get with Tony Merriman out of Columbus - he's an OB member and also runs a FB group called Weekend Wanderer's. Also, join the Overlandbound - Midwest group if you haven't done so already and introduce yourself. There is a Toyota specific trail ride this weekend I'll be in attendance at this weekend in KY on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway if interested.

Jmaes

Thanks, I will check it out, I am in the OB Midwest group on FB, I will check out the other group. I need to get my alignment done before I drive to much as I just replaced my ball joints, tie rod ends and installed "Taco Tabs". but I will definitely try to make it this weekend.

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

will they let me come along with my jeep gladiator?

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
I'd love to see your Gladiator and drool a bit! May do the same for the new Bronco as well! It says open to all toyotas so I think it's a toyota only event (probably because it's sanctioned by the TLCA). There are several vehicle agnostic events though that go on through the groups. I'd be more than happy to get you a list of events.

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

I'd love to see your Gladiator and drool a bit! May do the same for the new Bronco as well! It says open to all toyotas so I think it's a toyota only event (probably because it's sanctioned by the TLCA). There are several vehicle agnostic events though that go on through the groups. I'd be more than happy to get you a list of events.
ok great thanks

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Just put some masking tape over the Jeep badges and use a sharpie to write ''toYotA''.

Reactions: Gecko792

Adamsing545

Rank I

Contributor I

Aurora, Ohio
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Singerman
Member #

Hello from Aurora, by the old Geauga Lake lol. Glad to be a member but not a lot of good places around me to escape

Man, I spent many a summer at GL working the games. Lots of strange memories from that place.
I was just in there the other day for training. It’s weird seeing it so desolate

Attachments

Reactions: UncleBuck

BAD324

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cleveland, OH
First Name
Brian
Last Name
DeG
Checking in from right between Cleveland and Akron along 77. Just picked up my Jeep earlier this year and brand new to offroading and overlanding in general so I'm pretty excited to join some groups and learn more and get some experience