Wooden One

Rank I

Contributor III

Central Ohio
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Woodard
Hello everyone. I’m Chris and live in Marysville. I just joined yesterday.
My wife and I enjoy getting the Jeep out on the weekend and cruising around. We also frequent some of roads and properties in and around The southeast parts of the state. My ride is a 2010 JKU on 35’s a 2.5 inch lift and 4.88. We also have a home built trailer with a RTT and an enclosure to hold all the other camping gear.

We’ve got a couple trips planned for this fall. First is meeting up with some friends and heading to DBBB Labor Day weekend, then a solo 3 week trip with wife out west at the end of the month.

I’ll be sure to post up a report when we return. Hope to meet up with others from the area soon.

Here is a picture of my setup. 47D1B1EC-5701-4EC8-81DD-E56DA280EF1C.jpeg99FAC893-E3C9-4C4B-8D62-A5A2792DE79C.jpeg

Reactions: c7n8k9 and Bjacoby

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Hello everyone. I’m Chris and live in Marysville. I just joined yesterday.
My wife and I enjoy getting the Jeep out on the weekend and cruising around. We also frequent some of roads and properties in and around The southeast parts of the state. My ride is a 2010 JKU on 35’s a 2.5 inch lift and 4.88. We also have a home built trailer with a RTT and an enclosure to hold all the other camping gear.

We’ve got a couple trips planned for this fall. First is meeting up with some friends and heading to DBBB Labor Day weekend, then a solo 3 week trip with wife out west at the end of the month.

I’ll be sure to post up a report when we return. Hope to meet up with others from the area soon.

Here is a picture of my setup. View attachment 113057View attachment 113058
We will be on the DBBB that weekend too, maybe we’ll run into you!

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Hey thanks!! So where do you guys do trips here in OH!? I know of some off-road trails thanks to a Jeep club I joined but most of them don’t have places to camp also..
I’ve mostly been exploring Ky, Wv, and Pa. I’ve heard there’s some ok wheeling down in the Athens area but I don’t know much about it. Im definitely interested in a trip if you want to put something together!

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
I’ve mostly been exploring Ky, Wv, and Pa. I’ve heard there’s some ok wheeling down in the Athens area but I don’t know much about it. Im definitely interested in a trip if you want to put something together!
I definitely would want to! My schedule is pretty open! I’ve been down to Virginia a few times but was hoping for something closer!

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

My,crew on Facebook at WEEKEND WANDERERS is heading to Allegheny Oct 11 and another group is going to upper peninsula of Michigan.

Oct 18th AEP gathering.

Might do mononoghela/scenic rocks/black water falls this November depending on weather or hit land between the lakes in Kentucky

We ALWAYS do a winter camp out and eat n cook like fools!!

Typically weekend wanderers does something every month within 4 hours of Ohio and a couple big trips each year..

I just got back from KOAR in copper harbor Michigan.

FB_IMG_1568837380904.jpg0915190933a_HDR.jpg0915191326.jpg0915191323.jpg0914191641a_HDR.jpg0913191528.jpg0914191620.jpg0913191452.jpg

Reactions: c7n8k9

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
My,crew on Facebook at WEEKEND WANDERERS is heading to Allegheny Oct 11 and another group is going to upper peninsula of Michigan.

Oct 18th AEP gathering.

Might do mononoghela/scenic rocks/black water falls this November depending on weather or hit land between the lakes in Kentucky

We ALWAYS do a winter camp out and eat n cook like fools!!

Typically weekend wanderers does something every month within 4 hours of Ohio and a couple big trips each year..

I just got back from KOAR in copper harbor Michigan.

View attachment 118194View attachment 118195View attachment 118196View attachment 118197View attachment 118198View attachment 118199View attachment 118200View attachment 118201
My girl is due Oct 20th so I’m on a short leash next couple months but definitely interested in short trips this fall winter and some longer ones in spring. Appreciating you posting this up!

4runnerbill

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dayton, OH
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Timmer
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and to offroading. I recently sold my vette and bought a 4runner. I live in Dayton, and I know there aren't any real trails in the area but was wondering if anyone knew of any dirt roads around here, just somewhere I could drive to exercise my 4wd?

NWOFlatlander

Rank II

Enthusiast I

New Bavaria, OH
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Payne
Member #

I’m new to the forum. Been wheeling for years in a CJ5 and scout (both 15 years ago). Just picked up a 2009 Yukon xl 3/4 ton which is becoming our overlanding vehicle. Nothing done to it yet, aside from a roof basket for wood. I’m ready to bring the beast out on adventures all over North America.