Ohio Roll-Call!

• HTML tutorial

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

This sounds good. Seems like everyone does the Quaker steak thing, so I'd rather do a trail ride personally.
I was kinda thinking the same. Plus, being Overlanders and all, that would be more fitting I think.

So now the decision comes, when would work best for this. I'm not available till November with my work schedule, but they are set to do crew changes so not sure when, but I end up with a full week off. The weekend of the 4th through 6th is the end of that week I'm off as of right now, so that would work for me.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

This is going in the right direction :) and November would probably be best for me as well. Between my work schedule and family and friend weddings our weekends are disappearing. Haha

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

Green oval guild is riding down there the first weekend of November jfyi.
Because of my schedule it's hard for me to commit to anything but November definitely would give me a higher probability of being able to getaway

dubbinchris

Rank VI
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
Green oval guild is riding down there the first weekend of November jfyi.
Because of my schedule it's hard for me to commit to anything but November definitely would give me a higher probability of being able to getaway
What is green oval guild?

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Well, I can't this weekend due to a home game.
How many of you would be up for the 15th or the 16th of October to head down and explore some of Vinton County's unmaintained roads?
I would suggest we meet somewhere and then caravan down there.

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

That may possibly work for me. As long as I don't do much harm the weekend before in Virginia with Virginia Xterra Club, I may possibly be able to do that weekend. I know there's a popular rendezvous point called Three Garages everyone meets up at. I'm not sure of the exact location, but I know someone that does and could find out.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Sorry didn't read the end of the thread... November is pretty much out for me. Too many Tournaments and such going on... December may be doable...
However, if we are waiting that long. Lets have a food get together first then. I'd say bring the family and meet, talk about our rigs, drink a bit...

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Three Garages is just the Tar Hallow State park's maintenance area... Easy place to meet, or as I've done in the past, just meet at the park entrance... If that is what we end up doing, I can get everybody directions on here... pretty easy to find and there is a big grass field there.

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

I will have to see what my agenda in in November. Just remembered I have something the first of November that is extremely important and may impact my ability to do anything for the next few months.

Reactions: pnutzTACO

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

that sounds good to me as well, we all just have to decide on a weekend that would be best.

if all goes well, i know its out of state but mammoth cave is a great place to hit up, went there a few years ago and the cave tours are amazing(if you are okay with tight spaces:laughing:) along with campgrounds.

may want to post this in another section after we get a date, may get some people from our neighboring states.

EDIT: just read thru all of the missed posts, NOV 12th works best for me, Every Weekend is booked with Paramedic Clinicals until Nov 25th( black friday)

Last edited:

Rob Frank

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron, Ohio
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Rob from Akron, 2013 JKU sport, AEV 3.5" lift love to meet up and talk shop. Anyone up for a meet--Greet let me know.

Reactions: scubasteve2002

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

Ok so who all is interested in the meet up? I will be free the weekend of November 4-6th, so that will be what works best for me.

Rob Frank

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron, Ohio
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Where do you all want to meet up? Good Buffalo Wild Wings in Medina

rking.1688

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
King
Member #

Not able to do the meet up, but I'm in Delaware. Currently working on a '62 Willys truck that I'm hoping to put a camper bed on for a DIY Overland Truck.

Reactions: moose76

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

In regards to the meet up: I posted that last night, and then about 30 minutes later my truck blew up. Sooo probably gonna be out. Maybe next spring we can plan something and can give us more time to get it setup.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

In regards to the meet up: I posted that last night, and then about 30 minutes later my truck blew up. Sooo probably gonna be out. Maybe next spring we can plan something and can give us more time to get it setup.
Dang man! Sorry to hear about that. Motor go?