Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Starting tomorrow.

They have a stock group and "hard" group. Hard group trails I can run in a stock vehicle so it depends on driver ability mostly.

If you have the book of faces...

I will probably try and make it. Have to get tires put on my wife's car early morning. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Luismedina86

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

So I just realized that I was off an entire weekend the Green ovalr Guild ride is this weekend I apologize if you made the drive down there and didn't find anybody even everything in the link that I posted says November 5th I'm not sure what I was thinking

Reactions: Luismedina86

Contributor I

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Scot
Last Name
Leach
Member #

Hey guys
I'm in Columbus but am originally from cincy. I've owned jeeps ever since I could drive and have always been into anything off-road. Just recently purchased an 05 Toyota 4Runner and am going to start my overland build. I live in Polaris if anyone ever wants to grab a drink or work on a rig.

Reactions: scubasteve2002

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Hey guys
I'm in Columbus but am originally from cincy. I've owned jeeps ever since I could drive and have always been into anything off-road. Just recently purchased an 05 Toyota 4Runner and am going to start my overland build. I live in Polaris if anyone ever wants to grab a drink or work on a rig.
Welcome! I'm always willing to lend a helping hand. I live in the New Albany area. Sounds like it's going to be an awesome build. Can't go wrong with a Toyota.

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

Yea I love it so far but I'll always have a soft spot for jeeps.
I have been a big fan of both! I live in the Dayton area. I don't know what your plans are for your rig, but I believe your suspension is similar to my FJs, so if you need help with it, let me know, I may be able to offer a helping hand. I have pulled mine apart several times including on the side of the trail (blown strut) and know it like the back of my hand. Look forward to some photos!

Contributor I

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Scot
Last Name
Leach
Member #

I have been a big fan of both! I live in the Dayton area. I don't know what your plans are for your rig, but I believe your suspension is similar to my FJs, so if you need help with it, let me know, I may be able to offer a helping hand. I have pulled mine apart several times including on the side of the trail (blown strut) and know it like the back of my hand. Look forward to some photos!
You don't happen to have any spare struts laying around. I have a bad rattle in my front end when I go over bumps at slower speeds and I think it's the strut.

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

I think they will work with some slight modification for fitment. Would you be willing to sell them?
Yeah I would be willing to let them go. They have the top plate and the mounting hardware but just as an fyi, one is a stock Bilstein shock and the other is a new shock from an O'Reilly. The new shock has 300 miles on it because I used it to drive home after blowing out the other shock. The Bilstein had about 30,000 miles on it.