Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

I'd be up for leading a trip down in Vinton County. Dec. 4th would be a possibility. Maybe the 11th.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Lets start getting a tally of who wants to got then. As well as what type of rigs.
I don't want to take anyone down there just to break. because the trail was a bit too much. So, knowing what type of rig and your experience will help me plan what routes to take you all on.

Also, this will be kid friendly. I'd plan on bringing a Lunch and taking a few stops along the way for the kids to get out and run a bit.

Let me know, we could also do a little recovery and safety demo... If there is interest.

I'm in Columbus, OH. So... for those who want to go and are north of Vinton Co. Lets plan on meeting to caravan down there.
And those who are not going to meet us to caravan down. I'd say lets meet in the big field at the front of the park entrance. Tar Hollow RD and State Route 327.
Or, we could also meet at the park service depot on Clark Hollow Rd. I prefer the field.

Reactions: scubasteve2002

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

I'm still on the edge but will still give you the info. I have a 2008 JKU Unlimited with a 2.5" AEV lift and 33" BFG KO2. I have rubi sliders, and a steel front bumper with a hi-lift and 8000lb winch.

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

Was down there yesterday in my hybrid. It was rain/snow mix most of the day.

Ran lady run, cabin trail, Macedonia church rd/old Sowers, Albright, and some other lesser known slightly more mild roads between moonville and there

Reactions: CQBSquirrel

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

I have a 2001 Xterra, stock on 31s. Gotta look into it though and see if I need to replace my front hub, I'm afraid I may have stripped one out or broke it a few weeks ago.

I'll keep an eye out for the meet up location and time, I'll be coming from Marietta.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Well, I'll put up a meeting place. The BP gas station on 23 just south of I-270. I say we meet at 10 there. Leave by 10:15
Let me know what you think.
I will invite a few more people I know who are not on here.

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

Well, I'll put up a meeting place. The BP gas station on 23 just south of I-270. I say we meet at 10 there. Leave by 10:15
Let me know what you think.
I will invite a few more people I know who are not on here.
Is the place at Tar Hollow your wanting to meet up at right there as soon as you get into the park off 327?