Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
In terms of accommodation though, if there is spevific assigned spots it'd be good to have a somewhat isolated location to camp. Not in the center of a large group of people. Don't know if that's possible but would help a lot with anxiety etc. just a thought.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
View attachment 5886 I think I'll be fine. Just don't take offense if I wonder off for some down time. My service dog is a Miniature Aussie. Very smart and behaves like a service dog should.
If you like we could arrange to have your site "off the beaten path" as much as possible?

This is Jon Snow, our dog in his natural habitat.

12974443_10154153646449850_5921764673016901189_n.jpg

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
If you like we could arrange to have your site "off the beaten path" as much as possible?

This is Jon Snow, our dog in his natural habitat.

View attachment 5887
Cute as hell pup.

Probably would be wise to be somewhat removed. I'm up late, up early, need ear plugs and and use sleeping pills to keep me asleep each nite.

Armentac

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pomona
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Armenta
Member #

I want to go bad but I'm going to the Marlin Crawler Roundup (Rubicon) event the weekend before with a bunch of buddies. Anyone happen to going to MC 15th Annual Roundup? Trying to convince the wife to go and bring the kids and we'll take the FZJ80. FZJ80 isnt ready for hard trails yet and still needs lockers and rear tire carrier bumper. As long as there are detours on harder stuff or some one to winch or yank me out of hard spots i'll take the FZJ80. Either that or I'll take the 4runner and do moderate lines. I don't want to roll the 86 4runner with the kids in the back with the convertible top down. Wish me luck in convincing the wife to let me go to both events.
I was thinking of going to this also but still not 100% sure on it, would be my first time at rubicon and don't know anyone to "help guide me through it"

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
OK now I remember that pic of Jon Snow at the grand staircase... This is Poe, he is Basenji and jack mix 7mo now. And look at those green eyes, he gets away with a lot.....
upload_2016-7-11_16-52-53.png

Reactions: Mirek and Narbob

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

I was thinking of going to this also but still not 100% sure on it, would be my first time at rubicon and don't know anyone to "help guide me through it"
I won't be going till super late Friday night and will be night wheeling. Will be my first time wheeling Rubicon myself and also my first time night wheeling. By buddy will be my spotter as he's gone before and has experienced wheeling Rubicon in the night. I suggest you get an experience co-pilot as a spotter for Rubicon if you intend on going. Not sure if it's a good idea also to go at night myself being my 1st con trip, but that's when my buddies can go. But if the schedules work out, you can follow me up. You'll definitely want Solid Axle, F&R lockers and full armor with a 35s + 3" lift.Your rig will sustain body damage if you arent fully armored, F&R locked, lifted with big ass tires and SASd. There's people that have done it with IFS rigs but you'll need a few dudes to rock stack you most of the way through and it will take forever in a IFS.

It's supposed to be freaking hard as hell. One cool thing is if you break down they have a mechanics station to help you repair your rig. Donations are highly recommended if you use the mechanic station to help you fix your rig if it breaks on the trail. There's also plenty of cool people that will help you out if you get stuck and need a winch/tug to get rolling.

Last edited:

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

I'm certainly interested but wondered with there were any veterans who planned on attending?
First off thank you for your sacrifice. Secondly I've spent years helping my brother adjust to civilian life and deal with a pretty severe cases of PTSD. He was in the 75th Ranger Regiment 2nd ba from 04-09. I am more than willing to help you in anyway possible and will welcome you to our group with open arms. Hope you make it out!

Last edited:

Armentac

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pomona
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Armenta
Member #

I won't be going till super late Friday night and will be night wheeling. Will be my first time wheeling Rubicon myself and also my first time night wheeling. By buddy will be my spotter as he's gone before and has experienced wheeling Rubicon in the night. I suggest you get an experience co-pilot as a spotter for Rubicon if you intend on going. Not sure if it's a good idea also to go at night myself being my 1st con trip, but that's when my buddies can go. But if the schedules work out, you can follow me up. You'll definitely want Solid Axle, F&R lockers and full armor with a 35s + 3" lift.Your rig will sustain body damage if you arent fully armored, F&R locked, lifted with big ass tires and SASd. There's people that have done it with IFS rigs but you'll need a few dudes to rock stack you most of the way through and it will take forever in a IFS.

It's supposed to be freaking hard as hell. One cool thing is if you break down they have a mechanics station to help you repair your rig. Donations are highly recommended if you use the mechanic station to help you fix your rig if it breaks on the trail. There's also plenty of cool people that will help you out if you get stuck and need a winch/tug to get rolling.
I would be up for it, current set up on truck is lift, 5.29 gears and lockers on both axles, dual transfer cases, 35s, and some armor

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks for the support. I plan to register and look forward to meeting you all.

Michael..other than my officially registering, what do I need to do to work out a location with a little more privacy? I'm not looking to separate myself from the group, just to alow for space of I feel anxious, something I don't really have control over. If anything, large groups cause problems for me but are certainly acceptable with time to recharge. Thanks.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Ok. I've officially signed up for OTG. Couldn't help but get a few member specific items as well (my wife might have something to say about that). Anyway, ya'll are officially stuck with me for a few days in September. See you there.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks for the support. I plan to register and look forward to meeting you all.

Michael..other than my officially registering, what do I need to do to work out a location with a little more privacy? I'm not looking to separate myself from the group, just to alow for space of I feel anxious, something I don't really have control over. If anything, large groups cause problems for me but are certainly acceptable with time to recharge. Thanks.
Just reach out to @Corrie at corrie@overlandbound.com and arrange to get an appropriate spot. She can discuss it with you and let you know what's available. We're happy to assist!

M

Reactions: ce4460

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

In terms of accommodation though, if there is spevific assigned spots it'd be good to have a somewhat isolated location to camp. Not in the center of a large group of people. Don't know if that's possible but would help a lot with anxiety etc. just a thought.
We are able to accommodate. Camp Edison has options of every size/location, and we'll work with you to create an amazing and welcoming experience.

Shoot me a DM or email corrie@overlandbound.com to follow up!

Corrie