• HTML tutorial

kkauweloa

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

@ce4460 plan on attending OTG I don't know of a more supportive patient group of people. Incredibly, Mike and Corrie have designed a forum that shares and welcomes those from all experience levels. I've met some life long friends due to OTG.

Reactions: Michael

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks for the offer to go off thread but I'd like others to benefit from the conversation.

I was Army, '80-'90 and '03-'06. Started out as a Combat Photographer, then was commissioned in Artillery. My second stint was as a Cavalry Scout. Wounded twice in Baghdad resulting, in part, with a PTSD diagnosis. It is this problem that creates a certain degree of trepidation. Just not used to groups, but would like to address this concern, hence joining a group with common interests (Overland Bound).

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
@ce4460 Off the grid is for you!!!! I served 25 1/2 active AF 82-07 This group is awesome as I love the camaraderie. You will be welcomed with smiles and good times. If you need anything let me know. Look forward to meeting and swapping stories if you would like!!!!!
P.S. We probably crossed paths more than once, I deployed to or transited 72 country's......
P.S.S. Nice truck!!!!!!!

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks. Any opportunity chance for camaraderie is great.

Truck is a work in progress. Jut put a new ARB front bumper on but need to get set up with a winch and LED bar. Added work lights on the back of the canopy too. One facing the rear, the other pointing to the side, under an opened canopy (this one is controlled from inside the canopy near the tailgate, next to a new invertor). It's getting there. Thanks Tho.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I love seeing all the FJs. I've had three over the years and think they're the best. I'd have one now if I didn't need a truck bed.

Reactions: Michael and O.Dfj

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

On a related note. I was thinking about taking... Not I-5 (as much as possible) to and from the OTG.

Since I'll probably be dropping my dogs in Portland on the way... I wonder if there are others that want to take the coastal or mountain range routes down (and/or back)...

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm planning on the trip leaving from Olympia, WA (actually Union, but Oly is close enough). Dropping your dogs off? Is there a reason I shouldn't bring my dog? Was planning to do so. Cheers.

Reactions: Corrie

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

No reason not to bring your dog that I know of.

I'm keeping my options open at the moment. I don't know if I may want to make stops on the way down or back that would be easier without them.

My dogs are big, and as they behave on a leash, they're not very happy about it.

They're very well behaved, and in no way aggressive, but they like to wander, and at 90 lbs each, they make some people nervous. Even if they are big ole teddy bears.

Last edited by a moderator:

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
No reason not to bring your dog that I know of.

I'm keeping my options open at the moment. I don't know if I may want to make stops on the way down or back that would be easier without them.

My dogs are big, and as they behave on a leash, they're not very happy about it.

They're very well behaved, and in no way aggressive, but they like to wander, and at 90 lbs each, they make some people nervous. Even if they are big ole teddy bears.

I know it's easy for me to say since I don't have to care for your two lovelies on the trip down, but I'm sure they'd be well received if you did bring them. Always nice to have dogs around.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
@ce4460 Dogs are welcome on the trail and at Camp Edison (leash and pickup after them are the only rules for them) We had I think 10 or so last year and I can't recall even one bark by any of them, all well behaved and nice to have around. Some big some small, old and young. And since you are bringing your service dog absolutely no question!

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I love seeing all the FJs. I've had three over the years and think they're the best. I'd have one now if I didn't need a truck bed.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to accommodate you, and make your experience comfortable and we will do our very best. Thank you for your service!

@mmnorthdirections @kkauweloa @jdunk Thank you.