OB Land Between The Lakes Trip

• HTML tutorial

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

You won’t have any problems finding us. It’s a big open camp site with a boat launch right on the water. Everyone can see everyone. @bval has a bright orange Jeep, I have a gray tacoma with a tan roof top tent and there’s a good chance you guys can look at each other’s profile pics and figure out who is who.

Reactions: bval

bval

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

You won’t have any problems finding us. It’s a big open camp site with a boat launch right on the water. Everyone can see everyone. @bval has a bright orange Jeep, I have a gray tacoma with a tan roof top tent and there’s a good chance you guys can look at each other’s profile pics and figure out who is who.
I will be there Friday evening, and I'll monitor GMRS/FRS channel 15 for a while if folks are lost. But really as Dave said, you can't miss this place. Google Maps can even navigate you to the Neville Bay Lake Access. It's not a traditional campground, just a big mowed field next to the boat launch. We'll be scattered around there. I'll turn the radio on again when I wake up on Saturday morning. Since it sounds like few of y'all have CBs, let's make that our official comms channel for the weekend. It's the OB recommended channel, and it has the best range of any combo GMRS/FRS frequencies.

Minimum things you must bring with you:
  • Food
  • Water (there is no running water at the campsite)
  • Extra water
  • Toilet paper (I'd recommend wet wipes, there's nothing like a little luxury when you're using a glorified hole in the ground)
  • Real bug spray with DEET - we will be in the grass right on the water, there will be bugs, don't come home with Lyme disease or that weird red meat allergy
  • Shoes/boots you don't mind getting muddy - it's a peninsula between two lakes in Tennessee and Kentucky. Everything is made of mud.
  • A chair.
Things you must buy on the way in:
  • A backcountry camping permit from the ranger station.
  • A FULL tank of gas, and fill up any jerry cans you might have. My rig has an off-road range of 200-250 miles depending on whether we're crawling or moving fast, and that's been plenty for 2 days of exploring LBL for me. If you have significantly less range, a jerry can/gas can might be a good idea. There's a gas station next to the McDonald's right at the south entrance from Dover, TN.
Things that would be nice to bring:
  • Extra GMRS/FRS radios - there's always someone who doesn't own one that would love to borrow your extra
  • Frisbees / Kan-Jam / Cornhole / Washers / Horseshoes / etc
  • A bundle or two of firewood, though it's gonna be warm so I'm not sure how excited to build a fire we will be.
See y'all there!

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

If we arrive after the welcome center is closed, can we just drive to the campsite and buy the permit in the morning?

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

I arrived about 2 hrs ago lol. Camp is all set up. Didnt know if y'all had a specific spot so I set up to the right side(looking at the lake) further down next to the lake.

Reactions: Cully74