• HTML tutorial

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

CB channel will be 14.

Below is an excerpt of the Land Between the Lakes map. Circled in red is Neville Bay, the location of the camp site. Camping at this spot is primitive but does have a nice single toilet house that’s free.

The road numbers are accurate. Once you turn off 100 onto 214, Neville bay is on the right before the road takes a sharp left uphill. You'll cross a few "bridges" with guardrails before getting to Neville Bay. There's a sign and an open path to the bay. It should be very hard to pass the campsite where everyone is. You can easily see it from 214.

upload_2018-8-3_16-16-14.png

Entering the park from North or South, you will pass an Info Center where you will need to stop and pay for your camping. It’s very cheap (3 day pass is only $7) and no wheeling needs to be paid for as the park is free to ride.

Here's a link to the website with all the info you should need.
https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/

Many of us will come in Friday afternoon and leave Sunday morning but others come anywhere in between that time. There are no set times for anything, no planned trail rides or sight seeing tours, no assigned camping, no one to tell you when you can or cant wheel, how loud you can be or when to go to bed. Show up at Neville Bay whenever you can and enjoy yourself. Now this goes without saying but I do expect for everyone to respect the park and the rules they have laid out and obviously respect each other. This park is huge with 1000s of acres of land to explore. Talk to folks and see who wants to do what. Some people want to play in mud holes, some want to sight see, some want to head to the gun range and fire off some rounds. Get in where you fit in.

Last edited:

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Love it. Watching. Head back to work Monday and I will spend most of next week working on my calendar for the fall. Hope we can make this. Not sure with so much going on in October but we will definitely try. Would love to hook up with some of you guys.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Awesome. If you want to be added to the list hit me up. Our camping spot is first come first serve. But there’s plenty of room even if we have some neighbors.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Are you all planning to do Turkey Bay while there? That's one of my favorite places to off-road. The whole area is beautiful, actually. IIRC, there is also a shooting range there, as well. Lots to do and see there! I may try and join yoou down there, if I get the opportunity.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Are you all planning to do Turkey Bay while there? That's one of my favorite places to off-road. The whole area is beautiful, actually. IIRC, there is also a shooting range there, as well. Lots to do and see there! I may try and join yoou down there, if I get the opportunity.
If you want to hit Turkey Bay you're more than welcome to. I haven't been over there yet, but the 300 lvl roads keep me entertained.

Reactions: DanW

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

If you want to hit Turkey Bay you're more than welcome to. I haven't been over there yet, but the 300 lvl roads keep me entertained.
I've been to Turkey Bay several times, but didn't know they had other trails, dirt roads, or gravel roads. I'm going to see if I can get down there with you guys. It's been a long time since I've been there.

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

I've been to Turkey Bay several times, but didn't know they had other trails, dirt roads, or gravel roads. I'm going to see if I can get down there with you guys. It's been a long time since I've been there.
I've been down there once, and spent all morning and afternoon out in the mud not at Turkey Bay. It's fine, as long as you realize that all the roads basically branch out from one main road, so at some point you will have to turn around and drive back. Very few of the trails actually loop.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I've been down there once, and spent all morning and afternoon out in the mud not at Turkey Bay. It's fine, as long as you realize that all the roads basically branch out from one main road, so at some point you will have to turn around and drive back. Very few of the trails actually loop.
There was one good loop trail around part of it when I was there 4 or 5 years ago. It was very muddy, but had no deep bogs. I had to winch a tree out of the way that had fallen and had to carefully squeeze under another. Othewise, it was a nice trail with some gentle hills. I had it saved on my JK's nav system, but it is now so old that it has slowed down, so I cleared everything out of the memory to give it some help. I've now got a Magellan TRX7. I'll see if it has the Turkey Bay trails or tracks in it, along with other LBL trails.

Reactions: Cully74

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

There was one good loop trail around part of it when I was there 4 or 5 years ago. It was very muddy, but had no deep bogs. I had to winch a tree out of the way that had fallen and had to carefully squeeze under another. Othewise, it was a nice trail with some gentle hills. I had it saved on my JK's nav system, but it is now so old that it has slowed down, so I cleared everything out of the memory to give it some help. I've now got a Magellan TRX7. I'll see if it has the Turkey Bay trails or tracks in it, along with other LBL trails.
I downloaded a GPX file off the internet of the entire area, but I don't think it actually shows anything that isn't on a GPS device just start with.

Reactions: DanW

Green Boot Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Alexander
Member #

Dave, I'm going to go ahead and throw it on my calendar. I believe I'll be flying out for a work trip that Sunday, but would love to spend Saturday on the trails!

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Dave, I'm going to go ahead and throw it on my calendar. I believe I'll be flying out for a work trip that Sunday, but would love to spend Saturday on the trails!
Got you.

There's a really nice loop on 374/375, but yes for many trails you'll have to turn around. We'll have to get a group shot at the bowl. This pic was from March.IMG_8484.jpg

Reactions: Cully74