US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

I’m in, depending on the time of day.

Someone has to break up this Toyota/Jeep love-fest! [emoji23]
What are you running with? Cause if it’s not a Jeep or Toyota then you may have to stick to pebble driveways. If it’s a Jeep then maybe a few roots in the way will be ok. But if it’s a Toyota then Send It! LOL REPREZENT!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Uberland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Springfield, VA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

What are you running with? Cause if it’s not a Jeep or Toyota then you may have to stick to pebble driveways. If it’s a Jeep then maybe a few roots in the way will be ok. But if it’s a Toyota then Send It! LOL REPREZENT!
Ford Excursion...y’all are like gnats buzz-buzz-buzzing around me. [emoji51]

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Here’s the RP:

Northern Virginia meet up

Reactions: sabjku

Makit Worx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

Took the family to GWNF over Labor Day weekend and we ran Peter's Mill Run. About half way we passed a convoy of eight rigs that included a stock 1997 Town & Country?!?

Attachments

Last edited:

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

So the lift went on fine, except for the bushings. Even though @DRJ warned me, I decided to do them anyway. After spending HALF of Saturday on to bushings in my passenger leaf spring, on Sunday I decided to take the driver leaf spring and both shackles to a garage and pay them to remove them. Charged me $134 in labor which I was perfectly fine with. Mainly because after I dropped them off in the morning I was able to head back to the house and work on the front suspension. Got really close to done Sunday night and finished up Monday evening after work. Even the CV bushing replacement wasn't that bad. Besides the bushings the only other really annoying part was having the truck completely jacked on stands in my slightly inclined driveway. I was scared to put too much weight on one side so I was shifting and moving each of my 2 jack stands, 2 of @DRJ's that I borrowed, my two bottle Jack's, and my 3ton floor jack. With rear suspension and rebuilding the leafs with 3leaf AALs, you need to be able to control the complete rear axle a bunch. It was tedious but I got it all done. Truck is getting new Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 285/70/17s on right now, then off-road alignment tomorrow. Still want to do the CMC but didn't make it in time. Think I'll be fine though with my 1.25" wheel spacers. Pics once I get her back from garage.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

So the lift went on fine, except for the bushings. Even though @DRJ warned me, I decided to do them anyway. After spending HALF of Saturday on to bushings in my passenger leaf spring, on Sunday I decided to take the driver leaf spring and both shackles to a garage and pay them to remove them. Charged me $134 in labor which I was perfectly fine with. Mainly because after I dropped them off in the morning I was able to head back to the house and work on the front suspension. Got really close to done Sunday night and finished up Monday evening after work. Even the CV bushing replacement wasn't that bad. Besides the bushings the only other really annoying part was having the truck completely jacked on stands in my slightly inclined driveway. I was scared to put too much weight on one side so I was shifting and moving each of my 2 jack stands, 2 of @DRJ's that I borrowed, my two bottle Jack's, and my 3ton floor jack. With rear suspension and rebuilding the leafs with 3leaf AALs, you need to be able to control the complete rear axle a bunch. It was tedious but I got it all done. Truck is getting new Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 285/70/17s on right now, then off-road alignment tomorrow. Still want to do the CMC but didn't make it in time. Think I'll be fine though with my 1.25" wheel spacers. Pics once I get her back from garage.
Awesome job man! How did the new shackle bushings fit once the OEM ones came off? I may want to order the same ones if they went on without much fuss (like the OME ones). I hear really good things about the Discoverer. Let us know how she does at the Rendezvous!

Reactions: geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Here at Rendezvous now. Lift turned out great, the bushings went in painlessly. I greased up the sleeve only, and was almost able to push into the bushings by hand. Used a hammer to tap in remaining bit no problem. Thinking about it, I wonder if you also removed the metal outer ring, I did and it helped a ton. They only fit without that outer metal part.
Rendezvous has been great. Yesterday was arrival and check in. This morning we had a 101 lesson from OEX which was the expected "this is how a diff works" etc, but it was very informative for manual transmission info like two footing with a clutch etc. After we went a few loops around a small obstacle course which was very helpful, we had lunch. After lunch we headed over to their HQ shop with tons of trails and hit an entry level trail for about and hour and a half (like 15 rigs). Pretty low key. No one had to plan a line, just follow the rig in front of you. Tomorrow I'm hitting the Big Creek trail run. I hear it's no joke, so hopefully I wont have any damage after. I'm fine with bypassing until I have sliders and I hear the trail has plenty of bypasses etc. I'll attach some pics of the lift and AR so far...
Been a great trip so far. I head home Sunday morning.

Attachments

M4ttyM4

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Coulter
I know this is a "Meetups thread" .... but I wanted to post this here, since it would be for NOVA/MD members only.

Gauging interest - would anyone be interested in a group buy of ROAM Adventure Co. Rugged Cases, for the NOVA/DC/MD area?

It would be 20% discount off, with minimum of 20 cases and could get them palletized and freight shipped (saving in shipping costs). Thus the local members only.

https://www.roamadventureco.com/products/the-rugged-case
I would be very interested.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova