Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

You haven’t made it out to Winchester yet? My wife and I really like that area. We’d consider moving there if the opportunity arose. Go there for a night and get dinner at Bucca Di Beppo. One dish per family though!

Or......do the BMC yourself. All you need is a grinder.
Good info, maybe we'll try to get out there to check it out. I'd just like to avoid driving 1.5hr on lift and 33s without proper alignment if possible. Just looking for something reliable that's closer if I can find it.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Or......do the BMC yourself. All you need is a grinder.
You also need a welder and some decent welding experience to make it look clean. If I had a welder, I'd love to practice for awhile and then do it myself, but I need to get this done in next couple weeks and I don't have time to practice even if I had a welder.

Definitely want to get into welding in future though. Maybe once I have a garage with enough room to walk through with all my tools in there... :/

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Good evening! Short notice but a few of us (Specter, 100RNR, BourbanRunner, etc) are getting together for coffee tomorrow morning and I wanted to make sure everyone in the area had the details in case they wanted to attend. All are welcome!

Sunday 8/24, 10am
Starbucks
821 Warrenton Rd
Fredericksburg, VA 22406

12Seven95

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

NoVA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Member #

Prepping remaining parts and work list for my lift on my Tacoma, but still need a body chop done. @DRJ hooked me up with the guy that did a great job on his body chop, but I talked to him and he moved recently a couple hours away so need to find someone/someplace else that can do it. Anyone know a solid 4x4 shop (or single person) that has good experience doing Tacoma body chop for 33s in NOVA area? I got one recommendation for Mobtown, which is great, except they're hours away from me as well.
Iron Pig Offroad, Fredericksburg.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Good evening! Short notice but a few of us (Specter, 100RNR, BourbanRunner, etc) are getting together for coffee tomorrow morning and I wanted to make sure everyone in the area had the details in case they wanted to attend. All are welcome!

Sunday 8/24, 10am
Starbucks
821 Warrenton Rd
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Damn! Wish I'd have see this last night, could have made it.

Reactions: Specter and 100RNR

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Prepping remaining parts and work list for my lift on my Tacoma, but still need a body chop done. @DRJ hooked me up with the guy that did a great job on his body chop, but I talked to him and he moved recently a couple hours away so need to find someone/someplace else that can do it. Anyone know a solid 4x4 shop (or single person) that has good experience doing Tacoma body chop for 33s in NOVA area? I got one recommendation for Mobtown, which is great, except they're hours away from me as well.
There is Overland 4x4 here in Alexandria too. They are a Land Rover/Range Rover/Jeep/Hummer shop, but I've called them in the past and they have done work on Yotas too. But have no actual experience with them yet.

Reactions: geekyadam

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I know this is a "Meetups thread" .... but I wanted to post this here, since it would be for NOVA/MD members only.

Gauging interest - would anyone be interested in a group buy of ROAM Adventure Co. Rugged Cases, for the NOVA/DC/MD area?

It would be 20% discount off, with minimum of 20 cases and could get them palletized and freight shipped (saving in shipping costs). Thus the local members only.

https://www.roamadventureco.com/products/the-rugged-case

Reactions: M4ttyM4

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

There is Overland 4x4 here in Alexandria too. They are a Land Rover/Range Rover/Jeep/Hummer shop, but I've called them in the past and they have done work on Yotas too. But have no actual experience with them yet.

Thanks I'll give them a call. Really only need CMC and alignment done, I bet they can do that no problem.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I’ve have used them before for my old Land Rover - great team there as far as customer service and Land Rover work.

Makit Worx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

Gauging interest - would anyone be interested in a group buy of ROAM Adventure Co. Rugged Cases, for the NOVA/DC/MD area?

It would be 20% discount off, with minimum of 20 cases and could get them palletized and freight shipped (saving in shipping costs). Thus the local members only.
I’m interested in two of the 95L.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Sunday 8/24, 10am
Starbucks
821 Warrenton Rd
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Damn, day late. I would have loved to check out the meet up.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

We need a meet up soon. Weekend after Labor Day? I like the make your own, put can we do a family event? Trail potluck, you cook it we try it. I’m always looking for trail recipes and I like eating too.
Weekend after? Sure... sounds like a plan to me!

Where?

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

We need a meet up soon. Weekend after Labor Day? I like the make your own, put can we do a family event? Trail potluck, you cook it we try it. I’m always looking for trail recipes and I like eating too.
I, too, enjoy eating. However I'll be at ARV so count me out.