Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Specter

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I hate the sun glare off of my hood, especially around the cowling around the "air scoop". Seems to catch my eyes way too often.
I had the hood wrapped in vinyl, loving it so far.

Also added a Roadshower, great for rinsing off after a bike ride.View attachment 113703
I love it. Completely utilitarian but looks great also - the perfect mod! Let’s catch coffee soon.

Reactions: 100RNR

Nootherids

Rank V

Pathfinder I

So I get a TPMS indicator on in my dash. I go to check the air in the tires and two of the valve covers are totally stuck (metal caps). I bring out the tools and end up snapping one of the valve stems off completely. Core comes right out stuck to the valve cap. I just stand there and slowly watch and listen to 50 psi of air blowing out of a 35” tire on 17” rims, while I whisper to myself... F M L !

Had to get a new TPMS valve installed. Ugh!

100RNR

Rank V

Pathfinder I

So I get a TPMS indicator on in my dash. I go to check the air in the tires and two of the valve covers are totally stuck (metal caps). I bring out the tools and end up snapping one of the valve stems off completely. Core comes right out stuck to the valve cap. I just stand there and slowly watch and listen to 50 psi of air blowing out of a 35” tire on 17” rims, while I whisper to myself... F M L !

Had to get a new TPMS valve installed. Ugh!
Dang metal caps!

DRJ

Rank VI

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I hate the sun glare off of my hood, especially around the cowling around the "air scoop". Seems to catch my eyes way too often.
I had the hood wrapped in vinyl, loving it so far.

Also added a Roadshower, great for rinsing off after a bike ride.View attachment 113703
Nice, looking good. I was planning on doing the same, but had some raptor liner left after spraying down my tonneau with it, so I lined the hood.
20190819_210006.jpeg

Reactions: 100RNR and Specter

geekyadam

Rank VI

Advocate III

Woodbridge, VA
Member #

I will be putting on my lift next weekend with an extra set of hands from @DRJ , and then new tires a few days after. Then I head down to NC for Appalachian Rendezvous for 5 days. It's about 6.5hr drive but it's solid off-roading experience ran by American Adventurists group, with guys from OEX. Wish I had my sliders before I went but no time left.

Nootherids

Rank V

Pathfinder I

I will be putting on my lift next weekend with an extra set of hands from @DRJ , and then new tires a few days after. Then I head down to NC for Appalachian Rendezvous for 5 days. It's about 6.5hr drive but it's solid off-roading experience ran by American Adventurists group, with guys from OEX. Wish I had my sliders before I went but no time left.
You should’ve just gone to the Appalachian Toyota Round-Up through Labor Day w/e. That would definitely expose you to new levels of off-roading.