Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the expos as they seem very superficial and productized, but I do want to see new products do I'm looking forward to going to one. I want to see the Nomad cap tent, and some overlanding trailers in person. Should be a good time.
Hey @sabjku bring that Cobra two-way radio if you still have it haha
Haha yea I still have it. And don’t forget your lantern as well lol

Reactions: geekyadam

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the expos as they seem very superficial and productized, but I do want to see new products do I'm looking forward to going to one. I want to see the Nomad cap tent, and some overlanding trailers in person. Should be a good time.
I might join you guys just to go somewhere and hang out at least. I’ll check schedule later. Driving down to Florida now.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Let me know when they make one that lasts 24 hours! ;)
We just went camping last weekend with some extended family (like 10 people total) and it was mid-nineties the entire weekend. Also we took the kids for a hike and got a really good sweat going. Good thing is Prince William Forest Park has showers (nice ones too, recently renovated!) so everyone was able to shower afterward...and another 4 or 5 times that weekend to beat the heat. Hot shower to clean all the sweat off, then ice cold to cool down, then back out into the heat and humidity. At some points you'd just start sweating sitting still in your chair in the shade. We were all pretty miserable. I hate to call myself an overlander but whine about it being too hot out to go camping, but it just makes the whole trip miserable, except when inside the vehicle with the A/C pumping. I'd much rather be in very cold weather because you can layer up and keep a fire going and snuggle in with the pups etc. If it gets super hot, you can only remove so many layers, but you're still sweating.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

Let me know when they make one that lasts 24 hours! ;)
We just went camping last weekend with some extended family (like 10 people total) and it was mid-nineties the entire weekend. Also we took the kids for a hike and got a really good sweat going. Good thing is Prince William Forest Park has showers (nice ones too, recently renovated!) so everyone was able to shower afterward...and another 4 or 5 times that weekend to beat the heat. Hot shower to clean all the sweat off, then ice cold to cool down, then back out into the heat and humidity. At some points you'd just start sweating sitting still in your chair in the shade. We were all pretty miserable. I hate to call myself an overlander but whine about it being too hot out to go camping, but it just makes the whole trip miserable, except when inside the vehicle with the A/C pumping. I'd much rather be in very cold weather because you can layer up and keep a fire going and snuggle in with the pups etc. If it gets super hot, you can only remove so many layers, but you're still sweating.
I'm with you on the above.
I just want somebody to try one. [emoji6]
If it really works, there are times I would go camping that I currently won't.

Reactions: sabjku

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Just bought my day pass for OE Saturday!

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Fellow NOVA Overland Bounders...
I'm new here and its great to see so many from the NOVA area. I'm heading out to Lookout Point (OBX) August 9-11 if anyone is interested in meeting up. It will be the first time in my first time in Specter and I'm looking forward to getting it sandy! If anyone is interested in catching up, hit me up.

Last edited:

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I'm new here and its great to see so many from the NOVA area. I'I'm heading out to Lookout Point (OBX) August 9-11 if anyone is interested in meeting up. It will be the first time in years that I'm going wheeling, and my first time in my 4runner. I'm looking forward to getting it sandy! If anyone is interested in catching up, hit me up.
Welcome to OB from NOVA!

Reactions: RoamingEmily

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I'm new here and its great to see so many from the NOVA area. I'I'm heading out to Lookout Point (OBX) August 9-11 if anyone is interested in meeting up. It will be the first time in years that I'm going wheeling, and my first time in my 4runner. I'm looking forward to getting it sandy! If anyone is interested in catching up, hit me up.
Yeah, we have quite the crew in the area... it’s cool, especially for a relative newb like me! [emoji16]

Welcome!

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Welcome from Woodbridge

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Welcome @Specter !

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

So my nice air-conditioned drive on Saturday turned into finding a great camp spot right on the Shenandoah River. There's nothing better than going out and just driving, exploring, and finding new spots. Thanks @JRElaxED for braving the heat and coming out Saturday night!

Attachments

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

So my nice air-conditioned drive on Saturday turned into finding a great camp spot right on the Shenandoah River. There's nothing better than going out and just driving, exploring, and finding new spots. Thanks @JRElaxED for braving the heat and coming out Saturday night!
Where was that site located? We should start sharing GPS coords of sites in this area. Would be cool to collaborate about the best sites around here.