My GMC Overland Rig

• HTML tutorial

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Added some protection to the reservoir lines on the coil overs.

Added a Magna Flow exhaust,. Loved the sound, hated the drone it created. Ran it for a week then sold it

Added a mount for the spare in the back of the bed

More icy/muddy trail fun

Added a soft topper. It worked great. I still have it if anyone has a shortbed colorado/canyon and leaves nearby and wants a good deal

Bought a winch off a shady dude from the back of a van sort of thing. Superwinch 8500lbs. Still using it today, works perfect.

Added an engine skid plate

Ran the truck with this config for quite some time

Blacked out the front grill

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Installed a 50 inch curved light bar, what a mistake. Crazy sounds it made. tried everything to get rid of the sound. Drove me crazy so I took it off after a few weeks. Sitting in my garage if anyone local wants a good deal? Now I have four rivnuts in my a pillars...arg

looked nice though :)

Bought a safari snorkel for a Tacoma....it looked like the one I could best mold to my truck. There was no way. Returned it. Sad day as I really want a snorkel on this truck.

Bought some slimline 2 racks from frontrunner. Awesome investment

Mounted the rear one on a new acquired a.r.e. z series cap I got second hand for a steal

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Added a light bar to the front of the rack. I bought it from Frontrunners. It has a shield that swivels up or down. Kind of a cool design as with the guard up it protects the light as well as it makes a little less gaudy...sort of blends into the rack if that makes sense. This truck is my daily driver has become a bit obnoxious looking, in a good way I think... but obnoxious none the less. Aka the guard helps a bit in that regard. When the guard is down it helps alleviate glare from the hood.

I also added a 270 degree awning. It's a China knockoff of a Foxwing. The hardware was ordered as stainless. The quality seems decent. The pivot bushing is too short so I'll swap it out. I'm not convinced rivets were a good choice on the frame of it so I'll drill them out and nut and bolt them. Minor issues considering the cost savings....remind me in 4 years from now if this was a true statement [emoji6]

Winter is ending and I've only a few things left to do, make something for the bed of the truck that can secure my gear that goes back there. Generator, a huge cooler, saw, shovel, axe, tent, tools, etc. Also need to decide on a location for the compressor (under front seat maybe).

Sent from my STH100-1 using OB Talk mobile app