My GMC Overland Rig

• HTML tutorial

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Service 4wd light came on while out exploring today. Truck is stuck in 4 high. Long drive back home. I think it's the dash switch as I unplugged every other connector to the diff, etc. Dropping it off at the stealer ship tomorrow .....bummer. Second time it has done, last time was after wheeling in deep snow (very deep)...a wash fixed that one or it was a coincidence. Fingers crossed for a cheap fix

Sent from my STH100-1 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: TerryD

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Service 4wd light came on while out exploring today. Truck is stuck in 4 high. Long drive back home. I think it's the dash switch as I unplugged every other connector to the diff, etc. Dropping it off at the stealer ship tomorrow .....bummer. Second time it has done, last time was after wheeling in deep snow (very deep)...a wash fixed that one or it was a coincidence. Fingers crossed for a cheap fix

I had a similar problem with my H3. The transfer case shift fork was made from plastic and would break/melt and prevent the vehicle from going into 4lo or standard drive. See if yours is made similar because of the company. In order for it to disengage from 4hi, I had to reverse in circles for 30+feet. That is only a temporary fix to be able to get it to the shop though.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Good to hear! I looked that up yesterday and saw that they had a reprogrammer update for the transmission/transfer case.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
That is good, because, I just received my Trifecta cable and download today, and will be installing it tomorrow. I need to borrow a laptop from my friend Dennis. He is the guy that helped me install the BDS lift. And I hope that I will be as happy as you seem to be.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
I just thought of something (rare occasion).
The shift from 4 High to 4 Low is all done by the transfer case, not the automatic transmission.
So did they reprogram the Transfer Case and not the Tranny?

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Look forward to your feedback, for me it was the best money I have spent on the truck.

Reprogrammed with the Trifecta. So far I am very happy with it.
The truck has woken up.

How do you know you have it in ECO Mode, other than knowing the Cruise is on?