• HTML tutorial

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

Hey guys,
My map shows me as floating in the ocean and there doesn't seem to be anyway to fix that. When I edit my details there isn't even an option to change map location. Any clues?

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hey guys,
My map shows me as floating in the ocean and there doesn't seem to be anyway to fix that. When I edit my details there isn't even an option to change map location. Any clues?
Change your location under the privacy link to 1 kilometer instead of 5. It might not happen right away but it will randomly move you around.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
I am showing about 200 miles from my actual location?
Have you put in your location under personal details and/or is it trying to locate you from your IP address....you may have it set it to use "My Location Entry" towards the bottom of privacy page. Also I have change the random pin drop to 1Km instead of the default 5Km under the same privacy settings.

amp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Pittelko
Member #

Have you put in your location under personal details and/or is it trying to locate you from your IP address....you may have it set it to use "My Location Entry" towards the bottom of privacy page. Also I have change the random pin drop to 1Km instead of the default 5Km under the same privacy settings.
It's not a big deal, but yes. I have it set for My Location Entry and 1km instead of 5km, but it is showing me north of Indianapolis, IN and I am on the Southern Edge across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
It's not a big deal, but yes. I have it set for My Location Entry and 1km instead of 5km, but it is showing me north of Indianapolis, IN and I am on the Southern Edge across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY
Strange...I know I have read somewhere @Michael telling members to log out and clear cookies to try and fix problems. Have you tired that...its not something I like to do often because clearing cookies means clearing everything but that might help.

amp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Pittelko
Member #

Strange...I know I have read somewhere @Michael telling members to log out and clear cookies to try and fix problems. Have you tired that...its not something I like to do often because clearing cookies means clearing everything but that might help.
I will try it at home on another PC first. I am the same way with clearing the cookies.

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

Hey my map was working fine, but now it shows I'm in Pennsylvania, which is the opposite side of the continent from where I am. I've tried clearing cookies, logging out, logging back in. I've adjusted my settings. very strange

BobG

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Angier, NC, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Gravelle
Member #

Shouldn't my map pin be green? I thought that when the member looked at his own pin, it would be green so that it's easy to spot yourself on the map...? Mine is yellow like most others...

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Shouldn't my map pin be green? I thought that when the member looked at his own pin, it would be green so that it's easy to spot yourself on the map...? Mine is yellow like most others...
Hey
I believe it is a different colour from the usual - Black / Gold when you view your own location pin - however I cant tell as being a Moderator my pin is green anyway
Black - Forum Registered
Gold - OB Member
Green - Moderator

Also as @amp asked - Yes the member map updates once per 24 hours - generally at 00:00 (Midnight) PDT

Hope that helps

Reactions: BobG

craigR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mt Dora, FL
Member #

Hey
I believe it is a different colour from the usual - Black / Gold when you view your own location pin - however I cant tell as being a Moderator my pin is green anyway
Black - Forum Registered
Gold - OB Member
Green - Moderator

Also as @amp asked - Yes the member map updates once per 24 hours - generally at 00:00 (Midnight) PDT

Hope that helps
Intersting. When I joined the forum, I showed up black. When I became a member, it turned Gold, but recently turned back to black (I think after becoming a site supporter). Not that it bothers me either way, but thought I'd point it out in case it indicated some sort of map bug.

ETA: At no time, did I ever show as green (to address BobG's question)

JLynnJohnston

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Member #

Having the same location issue... California Central Coaster, and my pin is showing up on the NorthWestern coast of Canada...

JersT4R

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Norfolk, VA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

Here is the current error I get when clicking on the Member Map. Do I need to change a setting?

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY - Let's see if we can figure this out
Route usermap/ could not be found.