Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
It also happens from the "Map" link in the drop box that appears when you hover over your user name in the upper right side.
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 8.44.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 8.44.50 PM.png

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
If I go to top menu bar: Forums -> Member Map, I get an error page.

Also, when I look myself up as a member, I live in Fresno, CA, but it shows me in Red Bluff, Northern California, faaaarrr from where I actually am!?

upload_2017-10-3_13-54-58.png

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
If I go to top menu bar: Forums -> Member Map, I get an error page.

Also, when I look myself up as a member, I live in Fresno, CA, but it shows me in Red Bluff, Northern California, faaaarrr from where I actually am!?

View attachment 36097
The screenshot was very helpful! I can see in the image, the url is https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/usermap. Thats wrong. It should be https://www.overlandbound.com/map What did you click to get that url? Can you try clearing your browser cache?

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Sorry @Michael , I was teaching my class! HAHA! I'm back.

Here is a screenshot of where I clicked off the homepage to get the error where it says "Member Map". I did clear my cache and logged back in. it is still showing the error. M

upload_2017-10-3_15-39-23.png

Hey Mike, I don't have that menu option. Did you clear cache?

M

Reactions: NightCrawler

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Sorry @Michael , I was teaching my class! HAHA! I'm back.

Here is a screenshot of where I clicked off the homepage to get the error where it says "Member Map". I did clear my cache and logged back in. it is still showing the error. M

View attachment 36098
Should there be even a link in that particular drop down list on the main page? There is a map header and that seems to be working fine. I am sure Michael will fix it now that it has been located. Little tweaks!!!

Reactions: ArmyofMike

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Can anyone tell me why my location is so off though? I put my location of fresno, ca, and it has my location as Far Northern CA? I'm not sure if I have something set incorrectly or I've put my location in correctly. Sorry, playing the newb card. :)

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Can anyone tell me why my location is so off though? I put my location of fresno, ca, and it has my location as Far Northern CA? I'm not sure if I have something set incorrectly or I've put my location in correctly. Sorry, playing the newb card. :)
Mine was like that and I changed my location under the privacy setting to 1 kilometer instead of 5 kilometers. Its now a bit closer but not giving my exact location away. Hope that helps.

Reactions: ArmyofMike

dubbinchris

Rank VI
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
I don't even see myself on the map anywhere. How do I add myself?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I don't even see myself on the map anywhere.
Chris, when I look, I see you downtown, near East Broad and Cleveland. I found you by turning off all pins except Founder 500 in the filters. It used to be easy to find your own pin, because it was larger and red, but that changed for some reason. @Michael has it set to randomly show you within XX miles of your location for security, so you may be somewhere else when you look. I frequently find my pin in Lake Erie. :)

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Chris, when I look, I see you downtown, near East Broad and Cleveland. I found you by turning off all pins except Founder 500 in the filters. It used to be easy to find your own pin, because it was larger and red, but that changed for some reason. @Michael has it set to randomly show you within XX miles of your location for security, so you may be somewhere else when you look. I frequently find my pin in Lake Erie. :)
Hey all, I'd like to get any remaining Member Map issues resolved. I'll need your help.

@dubbinchris , I see you at the following location. As @Steve mentioned, for security, your location is randomized, but this should be within approximately 1km from your actual location, which is, "Westerville, OH". I see you in Columbus Ohio, so I am going to provide this example to the developer and I will update.

What else?

Thanks guys!

M

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
@Michael...so here is what I am getting when I use the map currently. 1) If I go to the whole map link from the map drop down option and zoom into my area...I do not show up on the map. I believe I have narrowed it down to being a supporter/benefactor...none of us show on the map from those around me using the whole map link but strangely show up when I use the my position drop down link and zoom out. 2) If I go to the whole map, zoom into my area and then turn view all off under map filter and then on again we (supporters/benefactors) appear on the map. I will keep looking for others items but thats what I have come across since you asked. Founders showing up doesn't seem to be having the same issue...I see them from any of the links.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael...so here is what I am getting when I use the map currently. 1) If I go to the whole map link from the map drop down option and zoom into my area...I do not show up on the map. I believe I have narrowed it down to being a supporter/benefactor...none of us show on the map from those around me using the whole map link but strangely show up when I use the my position drop down link and zoom out. 2) If I go to the whole map, zoom into my area and then turn view all off under map filter and then on again we (supporters/benefactors) appear on the map. I will keep looking for others items but thats what I have come across since you asked. Founders showing up doesn't seem to be having the same issue...I see them from any of the links.
OK, this is very helpful. I am going to look into these issues right now. and review your account.

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK, let me know if this is fixed now.

What I did:
On the admin backend, I enabled "Benefactor" and "Supporter" as filter items. Now - as long as either "View All" or "Benefactor" is selected, you will show up. The filters are remembered, so it should default to your settings the next time the map is loaded.

What I will do:
Change the way this works so that if a member is part of ANY displayed group, the pin will show. This way, if someone wants to see members, but uncheckes "benefactor" and the benefactor is a member, the benefactor will show. I hope that makes sense.

Let me know if this works now.

Thank you!

M

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
OK, let me know if this is fixed now.

What I did:
On the admin backend, I enabled "Benefactor" and "Supporter" as filter items. Now - as long as either "View All" or "Benefactor" is selected, you will show up. The filters are remembered, so it should default to your settings the next time the map is loaded.

What I will do:
Change the way this works so that if a member is part of ANY displayed group, the pin will show. This way, if someone wants to see members, but uncheckes "benefactor" and the benefactor is a member, the benefactor will show. I hope that makes sense.

Let me know if this works now.

Thank you!

M
That worked.