Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran

Kevin Walker

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

2012 L322. Sitting at 110,000 miles. We've added johnson rods and Nitto's. Ordered a voyager rack and ladder. Waiting as patiently as we can.

Update: after 8 weeks of waiting on voyager I finally got to the bottom of my patience bucket. Several small lies etc etc and then they admitted it hadn’t been started yet. So with the help of don whitten in ga I got the right order from
Front runner. I love how it turned out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Ok need advise from LR3/LR4 that have wired their roof racks up.
What route did you take to wire your lights from the roof to inside?
I was thinking to the back but I don’t want to break the seal and allow water in. But that may be the only way.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I was thinking to the back but I don’t want to break the seal and allow water in. But that may be the only way.
I have my cables running through the door seal on my Defender. I've not had any experiences of water ingress to date and I live in England. We're not well known for lots of sun.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I used these to run cables on my defender for the Solar Panels and the CB Radio.

No issues with leaks at all so far and they have been well traveled in some extreme conditions.

ScanStrut Deck Seal DS40-P deck seal cable routing for antenna & nav light cables Waterproof IPX6 and IPX7

upload_2019-2-1_15-39-23.png

Attachments

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I used these to run cables on my defender for the Solar Panels and the CB Radio.

No issues with leaks at all so far and they have been well traveled in some extreme conditions.

ScanStrut Deck Seal DS40-P deck seal cable routing for antenna & nav light cables Waterproof IPX6 and IPX7

View attachment 84336
I've used 2 of these to run the cables for my "work" lights although the picture isn't clear.

20170925_131102.jpg

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Ok next question for the LR4 owners. As we all know that its impossible to get MUD tyres for the 8Jx19 ET53 255/55/19 OEM or the 255/60/19 that will also fit these.

I found 255/55-19 ATTURO TRAIL BLADE MT 55R R19 TIRES that are mud tires.

Does anyone run these? I'm just about to buy 9 of them and replace my winter and summer tyres. but before I do i would like to get more up to date advice on them as you tube is about 2 years old

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-NEW-255-55-19-ATTURO-TRAIL-BLADE-MT-55R-R19-TIRE-31614/192070109631

Reactions: Brutus

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Ok next question for the LR4 owners. As we all know that its impossible to get MUD tyres for the 8Jx19 ET53 255/55/19 OEM or the 255/60/19 that will also fit these.

Does anyone run these? I'm just about to buy 9 of them and replace my winter and summer tyres. but before I do i would like to get more up to date advice on them as you tube is about 2 years old

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-NEW-255-55-19-ATTURO-TRAIL-BLADE-MT-55R-R19-TIRE-31614/192070109631
Unfortunately they're not a variety I've tried but it's a pleasant surprise to see "tyre" spelled correctly for a change.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade

View attachment 84336
Glad i jumped on this thred ive bought 3 of these Ill have to dig them out and use them

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

1 NEW 255/55-19 ATTURO TRAIL BLADE MT 55R R19 TIRE 31614 | eBay
I have the Atturo Trail Blade XTs on my LR3. I have been very pleased with them but you should rotate them about every 5,000 miles to keep them from cupping. I am sure the MTs are going to be the same. I have had mine over a year now. Good looking tire with nice road manners.

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any Rover clubs in Western Massachusetts?

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

There is a grommet behind the LH tail lamp assembly that would give easy access to the cabin without compromising a seal. I ran mine through a wire harness grommet in the firewall and ran my wires from the rack down behind the windshield exterior A pillar. It wasn't too bad.

Reactions: Fozzy325