Launch Member

Advocate II

Florida, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
DoubleA
Member #

So I am new to the LR world, but already hooked.

getting into LRs was like when I bought my first AK. at first, you think they kind of look cool but are a little POSy... but then when you start taking them apart, all of a sudden, you realize how amazing the engineering is. As soon as I crawled under my Disco II and really started seeing the suspension and everything, I was hooked.

My Disco II will probably end up being a powertrain parts car and I am going to buy a clean frame/body disco II. my DII's rear frame section is beyond saving. But I am still in love. Looking forward to many family camping trips in the future.

Here she is at the beach this weekend:
IMG_0007.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
So I am new to the LR world, but already hooked.

getting into LRs was like when I bought my first AK. at first, you think they kind of look cool but are a little POSy... but then when you start taking them apart, all of a sudden, you realize how amazing the engineering is. As soon as I crawled under my Disco II and really started seeing the suspension and everything, I was hooked.

My Disco II will probably end up being a powertrain parts car and I am going to buy a clean frame/body disco II. my DII's rear frame section is beyond saving. But I am still in love. Looking forward to many family camping trips in the future.

Here she is at the beach this weekend:
View attachment 120910
I dont know how far you are willing to go to get a clean rust free Disco. I find them fairly plentiful out here in the SW. I FOUND ONE THE OTHER DAY FOR $500 on craigslist. I posted it in the forum MEMBERS DEALS. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THAT THREAD.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
There is much info you could supply if you'll log in to some of the other forums here in OB. THERE IS A THREAD ON TRAILER RIGS I'm sure you would like. Many conversations going on there about how you do this or that.

Reactions: kdarney

justinbretclark

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Danville, CA, USA
Member #

Let's here about it, nice rig, beautiful g. shepard and camp spot. Please share info.
If you can.
Sure thing! 2017 LR RR HSE, 275/55/20 K02's, Rhino Rails rack/rails, Tepui RTT and a bunch of survival gear that my wife (NOT ME) can use to save our lives if we get into a tough scenario haha. My wife's dad was secret service, the old me was more of a sports car/Ritz-Carlton kinda guy. My wife's an engineer and kept getting our Ford's stuffed on her construction sites. We decided to try an LR4 and now we're absolutely hooked on the brand. We overland about once a month, love the outdoors.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sure thing! 2017 LR RR HSE, 275/55/20 K02's, Rhino Rails rack/rails, Tepui RTT and a bunch of survival gear that my wife (NOT ME) can use to save our lives if we get into a tough scenario haha. My wife's dad was secret service, the old me was more of a sports car/Ritz-Carlton kinda guy. My wife's an engineer and kept getting our Ford's stuffed on her construction sites. We decided to try an LR4 and now we're absolutely hooked on the brand. We overland about once a month, love the outdoors.
Good to see you have a change of mind. The right Ford will work just as well from my experience. I love my older LRD2 but she's a bit grumpy these days. Very much like a woman, you don't push them, you guide them
where you want them to go. They hear you when you talk behind their back and pick their moments to get even.

I wish you many happy and exciting adventures, might see you on the trail somewhere someday.

justinbretclark

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Danville, CA, USA
Member #

Good to see you have a change of mind. The right Ford will work just as well from my experience. I love my older LRD2 but she's a bit grumpy these days. Very much like a woman, you don't push them, you guide them
where you want them to go. They hear you when you talk behind their back and pick their moments to get even.

I wish you many happy and exciting adventures, might see you on the trail somewhere someday.
Hilarious woman reference! Cheers, see you out there!

Contributor III

Nepal
First Name
Christophe
Last Name
Noel
Hello,

We have two Defender 110 trucks. One a 2008 Puma, the other a 1997 fitted with a TD5. Both located in Nepal. Both pretty well used from many romps in the Himalayas.

Here's what we do with them:

72562817_2545217055516799_9033535495983857664_o.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Why is your toe in so extreme looking in the bottom picture. I noticed this in another of your post. Do you think it is just the angle of the picture ? Were you traveling alone here.
Looks like the road has had some traffic !
Great pictures !
traveling alone, i was the first through the area after a new storm. the camber, the wheel is turned as a just incase as i pulled the e brake and hopped out for a quick picture.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I really like the color. Is it a bed liner paint job or just a dull buckskin color. ? If you know of anyone who has the front right side (passenger side) "A" pillar trim piece they want to sell let me know please. I have an extra driver side "C" piller if anyone needs one.
Landlubber

Taylor Smith

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Utah, Park City
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
S
Member #

L322 went to some fun places this summer. LR bug as well.

IMG_20190615_220747.jpegIMG_20191005_174406.jpegIMG_20190823_201307_144.jpegIMG_20190823_201228_292.jpegIMG_20190823_201832_435.jpeg

Attachments