Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

I'm a sucker for the "panda" color scheme, may be a personal bias though...

Bunch of damn fine looking Rover's in this thread, regardless of the paint job!

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

To ALL UK Land Rover owners.

What's the general consensus on the changing Road Tax charges? In addition what's the thoughts on the new MoT too?

I'm not sure whether I can justify the massive increase for the road tax. I have a horrible feeling that I'll have to give up my pride and joy. That said I will probably be leaving the OB family too.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
N

What's the general consensus on the changing Road Tax charges? In addition what's the thoughts on the new MoT too?

I'm not sure whether I can justify the massive increase for the road tax. I have a horrible feeling that I'll have to give up my pride and joy. That said I will probably be leaving the OB family too.
Not really affected me yet as mine is still Cyprus registered but it will at some point no doubt.
Personally I think they will slowly push us off the road.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

The new tax laws only applicable to vehicles first registered after 1st April 2017, then after the first and 5th year it drops.
MOT rules might have an impact. But this will only really impact modified vehicles (DPFs & CATs removed, cheap led headlights (poor beam patterns etc...) and HIDs fitted when they were't OEM etc... etc...), or poorly maintained, badly worn (fuel pumps etc... etc...).
On the plus side, if the 40 year old rule comes into effect, my 130 won't need an MOT in 9 years time, and my Lightweight is now MOT exempt.
In my (humble) opinion, MOT exemption is daft. The vehicle still has to be road worthy, but it doesn't get that annual second pair of eyes checking it, nor will cowboys get stopped.

SpikeMD

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Granite Bay, CA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Speicher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WJ6SPK
Imported another rover from Barcelona. A 1991 D90 LHD with a great frame but the interior is a bit beat up. Will fix her up and sell her. 200tdi engine ia very strong and doesn't leak...might be dry, lol...

Yes! Landy's!

Here is my 03' DII, Gnasher.

Every bit of work so far has been done myself, to include painting the rig, installing slider, engine work, etc.

Absolutely love this rig. Though, I haven't been able to really get out and adventure much, since I'm stationed in South Carolina, and have deployed more than half the time I've been there. Currently on my third and final deployment, then I'll be heading back home to Washington State, February/March of 2017.

I cannot wait to get back.

Plus, @Laughing Otter and I have adventures to go on!

I am also going to change out those roof rack lights for larger ones. I was testing out the smallest range of Cree LED's to see how they performed, and they were alright. I need something larger though, more output, and better looking.

Anyways....

That pack is my beloved Triple Aught Design: FAST Pack Litespeed, that Land Rover patch was a gift from a friend awhile back, an is a pre-Camel Trophy patch.

View attachment 7994 View attachment 7995 View attachment 8004 View attachment 8008
Looks GREAT!