Land Rover Registry

• HTML tutorial

DuvalRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jacksonville , Florida
Member #

Does she still run? Aww, that's not so bad...most of that will buff right out (movie reference). The rest are story scars...she's a Rover!!! She's awesome! :^)
Insurance totaled it and gave me $10k for it, I turned around and bought it back from them for $900 with a salvage title. I took all my aftermarket stuff off of it and parted out what i didn't want anymore and then sold the rest of the truck to a friend of a friend for $1500. I am not sure what happened to it after that.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I really need to take some photos when I am out on trails or in interesting places, I have very few so far. (I need to go on more trips also!)

We have a 2013 LR4 HSE LUX with HD pack. Compomotive 18" wheels, 265/65R18 Goodyears, Voyager low profile rack, ladder, sliders. LR cargo barrier, Traxide dual battery kit. Few other things, lights (not in this old pic). etc. The pelican cases are mounted with EO(2) mounts. As of today has about 52k miles on it.

Last edited:

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

Went for some exploring, mother nature decided that was the end of the trail that day.

Awesome rover, I absolutely love the defenders.
Many thanks, it's a 1999 Td5 Defender 110. We did 3000 miles visiting the Ardennes Forest and Bastogne in Belgium, Luxembourg, the Black Forest and Lake Constance Germany, the Austrian Tyrol near Innsbruck, across into the Italian Tyrol via the Timmelsjoch pass, crossing over to the Swiss Alps for 5 days exploring, before a slow drive back up through France to return to the UK. A great 3 week trip and the Rover didn't let us down at all.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
We have a 2001 Tomb Raider Defender 90 TD5 have had it over 10 years and it is my baby. Currently 13 weeks into a tour of Turkey and Europe starting in Cyprus and will end in Aberdeen and towing a home made converted Sankey Trailer.
Overlanding for me personally is Land Rover Series or Defender after watching so many camel trophy videos etc I could not go else where.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

low_49

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Dorman
Member #

Hey Guys, Mike here. Had a fully built LR3 with the Baja Rack expedition rack (was actually the rack they built as a prototype and purchased from Spiker), full drawer system, Front runner water tank, on board air compressor, full armor, bla, bla, bla. Thing is, I never really trusted it. It never let me down on the trail, but it did violate my 3 tow policy on the road, so off it went and in it's place is a clean, 98k mile (DMV and CarFax verified) 50th anniversary D1. I love this truck more had any other that I've had and suspect that it will be driven into the ground as intended, lol!
Old Truck
_DSC6317.jpg

New Truck
IMG_20170325.jpg
IMG_20170125_082149_1.jpg