Land Rover Registry

• HTML tutorial

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Here's our pair of Landy's

2013 LR4 && 2011 LR2

I am curious, I have heard incredibly mixed information regarding the freelanders, they seem to be the unloved child of the land rover family... How does yours work for you? In comparison to your LR4? How is it offroad? Is it better at long haul trips? etc.

Reactions: The_Just

The_Just

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Tualatin OR
Member #

I am curious, I have heard incredibly mixed information regarding the freelanders, they seem to be the unloved child of the land rover family... How does yours work for you? In comparison to your LR4? How is it offroad? Is it better at long haul trips? etc.
Hi Zargon, this is a 2011 LR2. I've not heard many good things about the freelander, but the LR2 has been great so far. It's generally used as an around town carry all. We put snow tires on her and destroyed a recent winter storm when many others were stuck overnight. We had little to no problems other than getting around the other stuck cars & trucks. For a compact SUV, it's fantastic. We really like it.

That being said, It is a compact SUV without a locking differential. I would much rather be off-road in the LR4. A party of 5 would be snug in the LR2, where 7 fit comfortably in the LR4. The furnishings & options are equally upgraded in the LR4. And finally, there's a significant price difference between the two. For us, I'm glad we have them both.

mechman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redcar - North East England
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Millar
Member #

Hi guys, new member here from Cleveland UK. Here is a dodgy pic of my D2 which my partner and I are building for some off road fun, camping and some Overlanding next year. Morocco is booked so far but others planned too. Most of the mods were done by previous owners, and she solid underneath! yeah I couldn't believe it either. So a good base for spending more on in our books. I am going to rebuild the storage in the rear as the previous owner didn't leave access to the fuel pump, and also we need a bigger fridge than a 35 lt lol.
I might take some pics along the way.

Attachments

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer