Rank III

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Dull
Member #

It is all part of the charm of older Land Rover ownership. I don't know anything about Disco 1's, so I ask the question, does it have a cam sensor?
Yes it does. The previous owner put a new one in it about 6 months before I bought it. They are prone to getting oil in the connector and make you want to burn it to the ground. Just have not had the desire to look at it yet.

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Yes it does. The previous owner put a new one in it about 6 months before I bought it. They are prone to getting oil in the connector and make you want to burn it to the ground. Just have not had the desire to look at it yet.
One of the reasons why I love my 3.9 instead of the 4.0's, just a simple distributor!

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

DavidG

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hawaii
New here so still trying to figure out the pic uploads, hopefully it's not too big.

Would love to do a full rebuild with new galvanized frame but for now here she is, 1983 Land Rover 109 EX-MOD. Bare all around. No radio, ac, no power steering or power brake. Just ol drum brakes all around. Think if I do a restore on her I will keep her all stock. Nothing like 8 plus layers of hand brushed green and black paint to keep her looking fresh..

Dave

Attachments

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

If I didn't have at least one dash light on, I would probably bail out thinking it would explode any second!! Lol. Gotta love a Rover...

OB#3799
Those little lights tell me "all is well...proceed as is!"

It's the frikkin dinging/beeping at me I can't stand every time my key is inserted or a door is opened lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: kevinh26