Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Update on the carnage. Took the Jeep to the Stealership today after pressure washing the underside extensively, letting it dry, and then still pulling 10 more pounds of dirt out of the under carriage. Got my first oil change and had the rear diff lock message looked at. Turns out it's not locked now. but still showing it, as previously it was locked. Diagnoses is bad sensor. They can't get a sensor, or Jeep won't let them tear apart the rear end to change the sensor, so I get a new rear axle assembly next week. Glad I didn't put axles and gears in it yet.
New axle? Wow.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
That's wild - they won't replace a sensor, so instead they're putting in a whole new axle.

So here's a picture of the old 3-leaf spring (with the bottom leaf cracked and getting ready to break) and the new 4-leaf pack. New springs are on the trailer (bottom picture).

I'm still thinking the old springs were being overflexed (by looking at the old spring pack). So I'll be figuring out how to put some bumpstops in there. trailer spring broke.4.jpgtrailer spring broke.5.jpg

Found out one of my trailer shocks were blown; don't know if it was from this trip, or from a previous overlanding trip with the trailer. Anyways; two new shocks are being ordered for the trailer.

Joshua Buss

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

As my 1st major overlanding excursion this was fun exciting scary at times and most of all fulfilling. The kids and I greatly enjoyed everyones company. Hopefully this is the start of more great adventures with you all. As far a the truck surprisingly only one tear in the bumper from dragging my butt through a mud bog. There is still a large area of dirt in the driveway from washing off the truck that hasn’t washed away despite the rains we have had. I hope everyone is doing well and contact me if you have more adventures.

Attachments

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Thanks to everyone that was on this trip. I hated that we had to bail out after 3 days. Rachel is doing better, but the stupid insurance company canceled her surgery the day before it was scheduled and said she needs to do physical therapy for 6 weeks first.
As for the Suburban, not damage, but tons of mud. I was not real happy with a few things on the interior, so I gutted it and I am redoing most all of it. I am adding a roof rack and lowering the bed platform for more room. I removed all but the front 2 seats and now have more storage under the platform even though it is lower.
I was holding out hope that maybe we could do the vintage run of the WABDR in Sept, but now I am not sure that Rachel will be able to go. I also have a motorcycle trip planned around then and getting that much time off work might not happen.
I would happily do this trip again with the same group, you guys were great.

SCS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
S
Member #

Thanks to everyone that was on this trip. I hated that we had to bail out after 3 days. Rachel is doing better, but the stupid insurance company canceled her surgery the day before it was scheduled and said she needs to do physical therapy for 6 weeks first.
As for the Suburban, not damage, but tons of mud. I was not real happy with a few things on the interior, so I gutted it and I am redoing most all of it. I am adding a roof rack and lowering the bed platform for more room. I removed all but the front 2 seats and now have more storage under the platform even though it is lower.
I was holding out hope that maybe we could do the vintage run of the WABDR in Sept, but now I am not sure that Rachel will be able to go. I also have a motorcycle trip planned around then and getting that much time off work might not happen.
I would happily do this trip again with the same group, you guys were great.
I'd love to do it again with this group as well.

Reactions: DevilDodge

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey guys could you please forward me some of the best action and camp photos from your trip to post on the Overland abound Official Instagram Page. Also @Gabriel Bozeman would like to add them to our Northwest Facebook Page.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Hey guys could you please forward me some of the best action and camp photos from your trip to post on the Overland abound Official Instagram Page. Also @Gabriel Bozeman would like to add them to our Northwest Facebook Page.
Greg Eigsti set up a DropBox to put pics, but I don't think it worked as planned. How would we send you pics, other than what was posted on this link?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Greg Eigsti set up a DropBox to put pics, but I don't think it worked as planned. How would we send you pics, other than what was posted on this link?
Upload them via a DM give me as much information about the pictures as possible... who owns the rig Screen name as well as their real name, Instagram Name, and any other information you would like to be included with your post to Instagram.

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

What an awesome truck. Comanche are awesome and he looks pretty stoked. Was it local?
That's not a Jeep comanche. It's a Jeep J10 or J20 pickup....late 60's or very early 70's model.

They are fantastic trucks! That is one very lucky young man. I would have killed for a truck like that when I was his age...lol.

Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
That's not a Jeep comanche. It's a Jeep J10 or J20 pickup....late 60's or very early 70's model.

They are fantastic trucks! That is one very lucky young man. I would have killed for a truck like that when I was his age...lol.
Correct... it’s a J2000 (Gladiator)

Reactions: Monty_moose_gen2

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
1965 J200 Gladiator with Tornado 230 motor. Just ran and got some parts, a lot more on order. And we need a new alternator ;)

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wow very nice truck, what a lucky young man. Welcome to owning an old Jeep. Make sure you are getting parts for the correct 230ci Jeep engine when you order. Most parts guys that know the difference and how to use catalogs are long gone. I have a few M715s myself.

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety