Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I have been working like crazy to finish all the last minute things to be ready. I think I am there. Packing today and just food in the morning. See you all there.
We will leave early in the morning to meet you there by 8:00am

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
I am 97.125% packed. I'll be getting up at 0400, and hopefully on the road by 0600. Last time I drove down to Stevenson it took me about 90 minutes, but I wasn't pulling the trailer. I'm figuring I'll be there NLT 0800; probably a little earlier.

In the morning all I've got to do is hook up the trailer to the Jeep, pack to cooler (everything's in the fridge just waiting to go into the cooler, and there's a bag of ice in the freezer) and put the cooler on the trailer, put my little bag with my toiletries bag and meds bag in the back of the Jeep (bag's already packed), and toss my pillows in the back of the Jeep. I can't think of anything I'm forgetting (because if I did, I'd go pack it). As usual, I'm overpacked with food and clothes, and probably everything else.

Jerry cans are full. I'll top-off the Jeep when I get into Stevenson.

I got cash (in small bills in case we need to pay for campsites). Got my $3.00 ready for the toll (vehicle and trailer) so I don't have to go digging for it. Got a box of firewood on the passenger front floor. Got ammo. Got 2.5 gallons of water in the trailer, and two one-gallon jugs of water in the Jeep along with filled water bottles.

Hopefully I didn't peak too early! I'm excited to get going!

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Just to verify we are meeting at A&J select market no later then 8:30 am tomorrow morning.
Yes. NLT 0830 already gassed and ready to go. We will do a meet & greet, put out any final info, assign convoy positions, do a coms check, and wheels rolling at 0900. I hope to get there possibly before 0800 (OCD isn't as bad as they make it out to be).

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Gaia works and is free until you want better maps. If you just want to view now then you can follow the link that I posted earlier. CalTopo has an app that should work as well.
Sorry! No time to dive into this deep subject, out the door in 5 minutes.

For gaia, go to your app's store and download free app
Create account
Import the data that I put in the thread (suggest geojson file in the all.zip file). You may need to go to PC to do this through Gaia's web site.

Gotta run! Will check in from OR!
Thanks!

Ok... so I just downloaded Gaia on my phone, and paid for the Premium deluxe version(!). Because I have no idea how this thing works (I've never played with GPS - but I've been wanting to learn), and if that's what you and Ole are using, it must be good. And I'm hoping (since I'm a neophyte with GPS) you guys can get me smart on it when you've got the time on our trip. Hopefully by day 6 I'll be done asking stupid newbie Gaia questions.

I've got a phone holder thingy on my Jeep's dash so my phone should always be on and front-and-center.

Reactions: Ubiety

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
This is my copy and I believe that @mtn has his own; either should work. I have been adding bypasses and camp waypoints to mine as they come up in discussion.
The zip file contains gpx, kml and geojson formats.

GPX viewer

Can someone confirm that these work for them? Should have a bunch of waypoints and connected routes. Having Gaia issues...
Works fabulous

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
I am 97.125% packed. I'll be getting up at 0400, and hopefully on the road by 0600. Last time I drove down to Stevenson it took me about 90 minutes, but I wasn't pulling the trailer. I'm figuring I'll be there NLT 0800; probably a little earlier.

In the morning all I've got to do is hook up the trailer to the Jeep, pack to cooler (everything's in the fridge just waiting to go into the cooler, and there's a bag of ice in the freezer) and put the cooler on the trailer, put my little bag with my toiletries bag and meds bag in the back of the Jeep (bag's already packed), and toss my pillows in the back of the Jeep. I can't think of anything I'm forgetting (because if I did, I'd go pack it). As usual, I'm overpacked with food and clothes, and probably everything else.

Jerry cans are full. I'll top-off the Jeep when I get into Stevenson.

I got cash (in small bills in case we need to pay for campsites). Got my $3.00 ready for the toll (vehicle and trailer) so I don't have to go digging for it. Got a box of firewood on the passenger front floor. Got ammo. Got 2.5 gallons of water in the trailer, and two one-gallon jugs of water in the Jeep along with filled water bottles.

Hopefully I didn't peak too early! I'm excited to get going!
Waited all day for my serpentine belt to show up. Fed Ex ###### me! I'll be doing the red eye down, probably napping at the market waiting to meet all you great peeps. What ammo you bringing Army, 9, 40 and 5.56 for me.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
We pulled into Cascade Locks around 4pm and explored town a bit and ate. Beautiful spot, lot weekender of traffic in town.
I’ll need to gas up in Stevenson before meeting up.

Reactions: armyRN

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Waited all day for my serpentine belt to show up. Fed Ex ###### me! I'll be doing the red eye down, probably napping at the market waiting to meet all you great peeps. What ammo you bringing Army, 9, 40 and 5.56 for me.
Don't sweat the belt if it didn't show up.

I'm not planning on any protracted shoot outs on this trip. I've got a couple mags of 45 ACP for my XDS (esp if we go on a hike), but I didn't have any 12g 00 buckshot (I had slugs, #4 shot, and bird shot) for my 12g "firearm" so I ran and got some. If I was going solo the AR would probably be going. Debated the 9mm and 45-70 on this trip, but don't want to have guns stashed all over the place. There's also safety in numbers.

I'll have a can of bear spray left over from being in Canada a year ago. Remind me to tell you all about my Canada border crossing incident from last year (involved guns) when we're around the campfire.

Last edited:

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363

I'm not planning on any protracted shoot outs on this trip. I've got a couple mags of 45 ACP for my XDS (esp if we go on a hike), but I didn't have any 12g 00 buckshot (I had slugs, #4 shot, and bird shot) for my 12g "firearm" so I ran and got some. If I was going solo the AR would probably be going. Debated the 9mm and 45-70 on this trip, but don't want to have guns stashed all over the place. There's also safety in numbers.

I'll have a can of bear spray left over from being in Canada a year ago. Remind me to tell you all about my Canada border crossing incident from last year (involved guns) when we're around the campfire.
Not worried about security, would like to shoot if we have the opportunity. Definitely not a big fan of the northern border.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs

Magnum Research has a 45-70 revolver. Youch!

See you all in the morning!

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
I am 5 minutes from hitting the road. Should be there before 0800.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
I am 5 minutes from hitting the road. Should be there before 0800.
Wow, total alarm failure some how. Still in Everett. I will meet you guys at the first camp site . Hopefully I can find you guys. Heading to Packwood area now

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hahahahaha! You know the truth! She is cool and let’s me borrow it as long as I keep checking topped off ;) You may remember her first time driving in the mud, not too long ago ;) And she still has not washed it :)

View attachment 158455
HAHA. Yeah, she was a blast to watch. We miss you guys. And I don't blame her for not washing it. I've not washed Gamora either. I hosed it off only to get the mud off the sliders, so they don't get me or my wife dirty during normal use. LOL.

• Love
Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
HAHA. Yeah, she was a blast to watch. We miss you guys. And I don't blame her for not washing it. I've not washed Gamora either. I hosed it off only to get the mud off the sliders, so they don't get me or my wife dirty during normal use. LOL.
The “Adventure Machine” has only gotten a bath from “Mother Nature”. I will have to wash her underside this week so I can put my new transmission in.

Have a fun and safe trip you all.