Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Is a friendly, well behaved English Sheppherd ok to bring? Hopefully, due to fire danger, fireworks will NOT be allowed??

I've got to clear Friday & Monday from my work schedule. I wanna come. Thank you for your hospitality!!

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Is a friendly, well behaved English Sheppherd ok to bring? Hopefully, due to fire danger, fireworks will NOT be allowed??

I've got to clear Friday & Monday from my work schedule. I wanna come. Thank you for your hospitality!!
Dogs are always welcome at our events as long they get along with other dogs! The last couple years fire danger hasn't been bad enough for a fireworks ban. Dayville has not had fireworks for about 8 years now because we can't find a licensed fireworks person to hire to put on a show. I don't forsee that changing this year. I can't guarantee that random people in town won't be shooting off their own small fireworks sadly. There are no fireworks allowed at our ranch or this event though.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Dogs are always welcome at our events as long they get along with other dogs! The last couple years fire danger hasn't been bad enough for a fireworks ban. Dayville has not had fireworks for about 8 years now because we can't find a licensed fireworks person to hire to put on a show. I don't forsee that changing this year. I can't guarantee that random people in town won't be shooting off their own small fireworks sadly. There are no fireworks allowed at our ranch or this event though.
I was hoping no fireworks... I don’t do well with them.

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Reminder: Since its 4th of July...we are going to be in the town parade! I talked to the mayor and she loved the idea of all of us being in the parade. She said it would be FREE for as many of us 4x4-ers and overlanders to be in it. Just to decorate our rigs 4th of July themed a bit if we can and have stuff to throw out to the crowd if possible too. Most people do candy. It is going to be a memorable way to start our trip (you don't have to join us in the parade if you do not want to). Then we hit the trail to spend a couple nights out in the woods and trails seeing the beautiful Ochoco National Forest. We have some great spots in mind that we look forward to sharing. An abandoned airfield up on top of a plateau, several old homesteads, and several fire lookouts are on the list. We also plan on having lots of down time every evening and morning at camp to properly enjoy where we set up.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Reminder: Since its 4th of July...we are going to be in the town parade! I talked to the mayor and she loved the idea of all of us being in the parade. She said it would be FREE for as many of us 4x4-ers and overlanders to be in it. Just to decorate our rigs 4th of July themed a bit if we can and have stuff to throw out to the crowd if possible too. Most people do candy. It is going to be a memorable way to start our trip (you don't have to join us in the parade if you do not want to). Then we hit the trail to spend a couple nights out in the woods and trails seeing the beautiful Ochoco National Forest. We have some great spots in mind that we look forward to sharing. An abandoned airfield up on top of a plateau, several old homesteads, and several fire lookouts are on the list. We also plan on having lots of down time every evening and morning at camp to properly enjoy where we set up.
Sounds awesome! I'm hoping I'm able to make it, but can't be certain.

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

So, the header says "30 rigs allowed," but the attendees seems full at 10 of 10. Is this event full or is there more space?
Thanks,

Andreas

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

So, the header says "30 rigs allowed," but the attendees seems full at 10 of 10. Is this event full or is there more space?
Thanks,

Andreas
So I believe what you are referring to actually means "Of the people who have RSVP'd 10 of 10 are attending (vs not attending)"

So Andreas if you were to RSVP and say that you are attending, I believe it would then change to 11 of 11 because you would be the 11th person to RSVP and then 11 out of 11 who have RSVP'd would have said they are attending.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Sounds like a good time. I'm going to do my best to be there. I haven't been on any trip with OB people yet and it would be great to meet some of you.
We would love to have you. @Gabriel Bozeman is planning some stuff closer to you as well.

pnwexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olympia, WA
First Name
Hannah
Last Name
Lee
Member #

We would love to have you. @Gabriel Bozeman is planning some stuff closer to you as well.
I'm having issues with the RSVP button. It doesn't seem to register when I click on it. I'll try again tonight from my computer at home. That part of Oregon around Bend is one of my favorite places to go. Unfortunately I haven't explored too much around there.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@2RiversRanchExpeditions i think it’s either time to make more room, or count this event full.

I'm having issues with the RSVP button. It doesn't seem to register when I click on it. I'll try again tonight from my computer at home. That part of Oregon around Bend is one of my favorite places to go. Unfortunately I haven't explored too much around there.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Sounds like a good time. I'm going to do my best to be there. I haven't been on any trip with OB people yet and it would be great to meet some of you.
Yes, I've been trying to get some more meetups around the sound area going. Sadly, my rig currently has bad u joints and is not drivable. [emoji51]

Hopefully this Spring and Summer will bring a lot more meetups and events.

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

I will contact the support team and have them check it out thank you for letting me know!