Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Tap, talk, tap. Takes a minute to get the hang of if, but once you do, you don’t really think about it.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Open discussion for tonight, so everyone please feel free to throw out some ideas for future topics. We've got a couple of things in the pipeline that we hope to cover in the next few weeks, but haven't had a chance to firm them up just yet.

Unfortunately, life happened for several of us this week, so we didn't get together to discuss anything specific.

Shane, K5TIN

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Open discussion for tonight, so everyone please feel free to throw out some ideas for future topics. We've got a couple of things in the pipeline that we hope to cover in the next few weeks, but haven't had a chance to firm them up just yet.

Unfortunately, life happened for several of us this week, so we didn't get together to discuss anything specific.

Shane, K5TIN
Sounds good. Can someone maybe go over the basics of EchoLink and then speak on how to hook to repeaters with there radio....this newbie needs to know [emoji851]

Reactions: Retinens803

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Sounds good. Can someone maybe go over the basics of EchoLink and then speak on how to hook to repeaters with there radio....this newbie needs to know [emoji851]
There will probably be folks online before the net for a little friendly rag chew. Swing on by and we'll get you up to speed!

Everyone be sure to tune in this evening and join in!

A quick note from the net controllers:
Please be sure to check your Timing settings in Tools->Setup (or shortcut Alt-E). "Transmit Time Limit" should be set to 180 seconds. This is 3 minutes and is the time most repeaters are set to "time out" at. We believe the link with one of our repeaters was dropped because of a long key down on a previous net and we lost two of our check-ins. Thanks for your help in making this a successful net!

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
My mic that was packed away no longer works, so I will be listening and will check in via text

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
A quick note from the net controllers:
Please be sure to check your Timing settings in Tools->Setup (or shortcut Alt-E). "Transmit Time Limit" should be set to 180 seconds. This is 3 minutes and is the time most repeaters are set to "time out" at. We believe the link with one of our repeaters was dropped because of a long key down on a previous net and we lost two of our check-ins. Thanks for your help in making this a successful net!
Thanks for throwing that out, Terry! I meant to bring it up earlier in the week and then my Old Timers kicked in. Anyway, what was I saying again??? :confused:

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
My mic that was packed away no longer works, so I will be listening and will check in via text
You can also download the app onto your phone. The only difference is you tap the screen instead of a key. At least on an iPhone. Guessing an Android works the same way.

Reactions: TerryD

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
My dumb iPhone won’t connect to the node been troubleshooting
I've had the same issue on mine from time to time. Usually its been because it didn't like my WiFi. If you've got enough spare data, try turning off the WiFi and just using cell data. I'll be leaving from here at work in about 10 minutes, so if you want to try and connect to my node we can try to see if you can get it to work. Search K5TIN and try to connect. If not, then maybe we can get Terry or someone who's already at their QTH to work on it with you.
Shane, K5TIN

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
My dumb iPhone won’t connect to the node been troubleshooting
I've had the same issue on mine from time to time. Usually its been because it didn't like my WiFi. If you've got enough spare data, try turning off the WiFi and just using cell data. I'll be leaving from here at work in about 10 minutes, so if you want to try and connect to my node we can try to see if you can get it to work. Search K5TIN and try to connect. If not, then maybe we can get Terry or someone who's already at their QTH to work on it with you.
Shane, K5TIN
Be glad to! I'll be logging on in a few minutes to get everything situated.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Thanks Terry. My phone won’t connect either for some reason.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Looks like no voice for me! Dumb phone just will not connect, tried following all the instructions on the echolink website with no luck. No worries, I will just have to get a new mic when funds allow.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Thanks. It was set for spacebar but it didn't seem to work properly. I just used my mouse to click the icon at the top and all was good.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Thanks. It was set for spacebar but it didn't seem to work properly. I just used my mouse to click the icon at the top and all was good.
ok good. I deleted the reply as I saw it was an old questions and thought you had it answered already. Trying to catch up after being distracted for a couple of weeks. Hope to hear you tomorrow night on the net

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Cross posting from the Friday Night Ham Radio Net thread into this one as well since we had a few inquires last week here...

Friday Night Weekly Net - 1-26-2019

NET Controller will be : @ru108

Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time

Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130

Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web

Topic of the week: Favorite Camping Spot or Place