Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
There will be a weekly NET for all Overland Bound members who have a valid Ham license. This will be on Echolink conference node 357087 (Starlink) every Friday Night at 5:30pm PST. You can also connect thru Allstar HUB Node 41120 DMR TG-3148905 IRLP Reflector 9256

View Rally Point
Last edited:

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
My wife and I just attended a Hamcram session and passed the exam! Hope to have our licenses in a couple of weeks and then attend (at least listen) to the weekly Net. Thank you for organizing the event.

Dan
Dan, you can log into www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web and listen while your waiting for the callsign to register on the FCC website. Congrats and look forward to hearing you on the NET Brent KJ7BHN

ajtaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fullerton CA
Member #

Cant connect on echolink, worked earlier and works on other nodes... I'll try again next week, enjoy the net -wa6arb

Auspicious Osprey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anaheim, California
Member #

Great net. I tried to get on but I have yet to be registered with echolink. I listened part way on the conference line but it dropped me after about 7 minutes. I will try to look you up again next week. Thanks for getting HAM into the conversation. A large number of people in OB here in Orange County, California are getting licenced and learning the ropes. Look forward to future talks.
Ryan
OB 6114
K6WRY

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Here's foldable solar panels in the U.S.: https://p3solar.com/p3-portables/
I almost purchased one of the 75W ones last year - I preferred the idea of a foldable one because i thought it would be easier to pack away, that's before somebody else told me the tip about storing a semi-flex inside the RTT. Instead of picking up the 75W folding panel for about $400 i was able to get a more performant 100W semi-flex panel for less than $300

Reactions: TerryD

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Troubleshooting firewalls is a PITB, Finally got echolink working!

Just discovered that my usb headset/mic combo doesn't work anymore therefore we are halfway there.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Can someone tell me how the PTT works on the PC. I think I blocked the Grits Guys for a minute when i was testing EchoLink. [emoji45] do you hold it down, talk then release the spacebar or tap it once, talk, then tap again to stop TXing.