East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Is there a store in SoCal that has these tents for sale so I can see it in person. I really like them but they also have a lot of "features" that I am concerned about.
What features are your concern and maybe I, or another member, could help? They are great tents. We own a T4 & T4+ and our camping friends have the T4+ & T3. We've used them camping on an island in heavy storms (40+mph winds with 18mph sustained for 3+ days) and had no issues. I can't speak highly enough about them. Also, worth noting, the customer service is beyond top notch.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
68” high, same as the old T3... the new T3X is 76”x82” instead of 76”x76” and its stored size is 2” shorter than its predecessor. Also the new tent is using the new fabric found in the redesigned T4 Plus, T8, and the T4 Overland Edition.
I guess you could say that if you liked the old t3 you will love the new t3x. Still a $40 jump in price is not good IMO. That's A 20% increase over the one I bought 7 months ago.

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Is there a store in SoCal that has these tents for sale so I can see it in person. I really like them but they also have a lot of "features" that I am concerned about.
Having owned the T3 and currently owner of the T4, my only complaints are the shape of the door is awkward and a tripping hazard, and the lack of a vestibule for foul weather. The door shape kind of goes along with the design of the tent though, so I'm not sure how that could be changed. I would really love to have a vestibule for keeping the entrance dry on rainy days without the need for a separate awning, and the T4 Plus is just way too big for my needs.

DMS1

Rank III

Advocate I

San Dimas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Schmitz
What features are your concern and maybe I, or another member, could help? They are great tents. We own a T4 & T4+ and our camping friends have the T4+ & T3. We've used them camping on an island in heavy storms (40+mph winds with 18mph sustained for 3+ days) and had no issues. I can't speak highly enough about them. Also, worth noting, the customer service is beyond top notch.
My concerns are from what I have seen on You Tube or read in forums, things like, The floor is removable because it easily gets holes in it, The corners where the floor attaches are not velcro'ed shut, thus snakes \ insects could get inside the tent. Attachment points on the corners where the tent stakes go easily rip off.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My concerns are from what I have seen on You Tube or read in forums, things like, The floor is removable because it easily gets holes in it, The corners where the floor attaches are not velcro'ed shut, thus snakes \ insects could get inside the tent. Attachment points on the corners where the tent stakes go easily rip off.
I think you should watch @Michael you tube video on the Gazelle tent. He pretty much covers all of your concerns.

Reactions: BigBlueOx_TRD

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
I have watched just about every YT video on gazzel tents, no one shows the corner of the tent where the floor attaches. I would like to see one in person.
My son wants to create a vlog of our travels. I still have my T4 in the box in the garage. He wants to do an unboxing of the tent so I'll have him focus on the corners. I just don't know when he'll do the video. Every weekend we've been home it's been bad weather.

Reactions: DMS1

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have watched just about every YT video on gazzel tents, no one shows the corner of the tent where the floor attaches. I would like to see one in person.
Mine is like a square bath tub. It would hold water if you filled it. It wraps up the sides of the inside tent wall about a foot and attaches with heavy Velcro at the top of the tub section. To clean out only open a small area of the velcro on only one side. I bought a ground cover for my tent because it just makes sense that any material can be punctured by sharp rocks or dried branches when you walk on it. I also have a beach blanket that covers the whole inside floor so that it is not cold to bare feet and softens the ground. I would try not to walk around inside of any tent with hard sole shoes myself. The floor material is almost twice the thickness of the tent walls. I'm happy with mine from my visual inspection but I have not used it due to medical and physical reasons occurring after I purchased the tent. Good luck !

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
The floor is removable for ease of cleaning. We find this extremely useful after beach camping. In the case you do get a hole in the floor,, as we've all experienced with a tent,, it is comforting knowing you can buy a new floor on the website and your nice tent isn't trash now. Gazelle offers multiple replacement parts for all their tents. These can be found on the webpage under each tent.
The corners are velcro where screen porch poles go on the T4+ corners. Although it isn't a 100% sealed area, due to the poles, it easily mashes around it with the pinch of your fingers. The others do not have poles, being a pod system, so this isn't an issue.
The attachment points on ours were used in the storm I mentioned in earlier post. I tied one guy wire to a shovel and buried it off the right side. Even with it being taught and 30+ mph winds, there are no signs of tearing. Neither of the other 2 Gazelles, another t4+ and t3, suffered any damage either.
One thing to keep in mind with online reviews that seem mainly negative is the user behind it. Sometimes ignorance leads to mishaps and not the product. I respect your side of caution, I am the same way, but know that Gazelle makes a wonderful tent. I don't believe Michael would put his company name behind a product that wasn't top notch.
I hope this helps in some way.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: MuckSavage

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I use the T3 for work and pleasure. The fact that I can have a chair, stand up and quickly setup and take down sold it on me. I’m starting to see more of them at fire camps. Downside? Folds up to the size of an Ez Up.

edit - Yes, I’ve used the tent in the rain, no leaks and I use a cheap entry rug from Walmart to protect the floor from my chair and debris.
Big enough to use a military style cot along one side in there?

Nivar3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Nivardo
Last Name
Beaton
Member #

Just bought the T8 for our family. It’s my wife and I with our two kids. The wife wanted a lot of space and quick setup.

This is the video of us setting it up for the first time in our front yard. I haven’t officially used it yet. However I’m impressed with the materials and the ease of setup and takedown without even reading the instructions.

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I need to decide between the T3 and T4 , I would be by myself on a cot. The T4 is very large when closed up and the T3 a bit smaller. Decisions decisions.
If your physically able to carry the weight and you have enough room in or on your rig I would get the t4. I started to get the t4 myself but decided I didn't have the strength or stamina to set it up or break it down. So I bought the t3 and then went into hospital for unexpected colon cancer.

Now I have set the tent aside because as easy as it is to set up and take down for most people (even children), it's too much for me to handle solo. As a last resort I bought a small cargo trailer that I will use for camping and traveling. Once loaded I will never have to load again. I'd rather rough it but my legs and back are gone with arthritis and a trailer is roughing it for my abilities.

The nice thing about a trailer is that you can carry the majority of equipment in the trailer which allows you the luxury of having a bed in your SUV for traveling without having a camp site.

John21powerwagon

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I’ve never tried a cot inside, just a tall air mattress and full sized camp chair. For a working tent it sure beats my trusty Catoma Falcon. Is it water resistant? For me yes, the last working incident it rained pretty darn good on us.

Of course, your results may vary based conditions and personal preferences.