Gazelle Tents

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The new T3X is taller... I need to look at the specs again, but it looks like it’s almost as tall as the t4.
I think it's 69" but I could be wrong.

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Benefactor

Traveler II

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
I think it's 69" but I could be wrong.
68” high, same as the old T3... the new T3X is 76”x82” instead of 76”x76” and its stored size is 2” shorter than its predecessor. Also the new tent is using the new fabric found in the redesigned T4 Plus, T8, and the T4 Overland Edition.

dbkurth

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wever, IA, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Kurth
I have a T3 and a T4. I love them both. l like the look of the new improvements on the T3X. I have never had much trouble in the wind. I was at a music festival when a horrific storm rolled in and wiped out most tents and camps. The T3 stood there proud. Somebody offered to buy it. I am 6'3" and the headroom is so nice. The T3 is a little short on floor space for a cot in my opinion. I have used one in it before. It worked, but it was wall to wall. Love Gazelle products.

DMS1

Rank I

Contributor III

Gardena
Is there a store in SoCal that has these tents for sale so I can see it in person. I really like them but they also have a lot of "features" that I am concerned about.

Reactions: dziner

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank IV

Advocate I

East Bend
Member #

Is there a store in SoCal that has these tents for sale so I can see it in person. I really like them but they also have a lot of "features" that I am concerned about.
What features are your concern and maybe I, or another member, could help? They are great tents. We own a T4 & T4+ and our camping friends have the T4+ & T3. We've used them camping on an island in heavy storms (40+mph winds with 18mph sustained for 3+ days) and had no issues. I can't speak highly enough about them. Also, worth noting, the customer service is beyond top notch.

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
68” high, same as the old T3... the new T3X is 76”x82” instead of 76”x76” and its stored size is 2” shorter than its predecessor. Also the new tent is using the new fabric found in the redesigned T4 Plus, T8, and the T4 Overland Edition.
I guess you could say that if you liked the old t3 you will love the new t3x. Still a $40 jump in price is not good IMO. That's A 20% increase over the one I bought 7 months ago.

dziner

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Having owned the T3 and currently owner of the T4, my only complaints are the shape of the door is awkward and a tripping hazard, and the lack of a vestibule for foul weather. The door shape kind of goes along with the design of the tent though, so I'm not sure how that could be changed. I would really love to have a vestibule for keeping the entrance dry on rainy days without the need for a separate awning, and the T4 Plus is just way too big for my needs.

DMS1

Rank I

Contributor III

Gardena
What features are your concern and maybe I, or another member, could help? They are great tents. We own a T4 & T4+ and our camping friends have the T4+ & T3. We've used them camping on an island in heavy storms (40+mph winds with 18mph sustained for 3+ days) and had no issues. I can't speak highly enough about them. Also, worth noting, the customer service is beyond top notch.
My concerns are from what I have seen on You Tube or read in forums, things like, The floor is removable because it easily gets holes in it, The corners where the floor attaches are not velcro'ed shut, thus snakes \ insects could get inside the tent. Attachment points on the corners where the tent stakes go easily rip off.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
My concerns are from what I have seen on You Tube or read in forums, things like, The floor is removable because it easily gets holes in it, The corners where the floor attaches are not velcro'ed shut, thus snakes \ insects could get inside the tent. Attachment points on the corners where the tent stakes go easily rip off.
I think you should watch @Michael you tube video on the Gazelle tent. He pretty much covers all of your concerns.

Reactions: BigBlueOx_TRD

2dub

Rank 0

Contributor II

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
I have watched just about every YT video on gazzel tents, no one shows the corner of the tent where the floor attaches. I would like to see one in person.
My son wants to create a vlog of our travels. I still have my T4 in the box in the garage. He wants to do an unboxing of the tent so I'll have him focus on the corners. I just don't know when he'll do the video. Every weekend we've been home it's been bad weather.

Reactions: DMS1

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
I have watched just about every YT video on gazzel tents, no one shows the corner of the tent where the floor attaches. I would like to see one in person.
Mine is like a square bath tub. It would hold water if you filled it. It wraps up the sides of the inside tent wall about a foot and attaches with heavy Velcro at the top of the tub section. To clean out only open a small area of the velcro on only one side. I bought a ground cover for my tent because it just makes sense that any material can be punctured by sharp rocks or dried branches when you walk on it. I also have a beach blanket that covers the whole inside floor so that it is not cold to bare feet and softens the ground. I would try not to walk around inside of any tent with hard sole shoes myself. The floor material is almost twice the thickness of the tent walls. I'm happy with mine from my visual inspection but I have not used it due to medical and physical reasons occurring after I purchased the tent. Good luck !

Reactions: dziner and DMS1

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank IV

Advocate I

East Bend
Member #

The floor is removable for ease of cleaning. We find this extremely useful after beach camping. In the case you do get a hole in the floor,, as we've all experienced with a tent,, it is comforting knowing you can buy a new floor on the website and your nice tent isn't trash now. Gazelle offers multiple replacement parts for all their tents. These can be found on the webpage under each tent.
The corners are velcro where screen porch poles go on the T4+ corners. Although it isn't a 100% sealed area, due to the poles, it easily mashes around it with the pinch of your fingers. The others do not have poles, being a pod system, so this isn't an issue.
The attachment points on ours were used in the storm I mentioned in earlier post. I tied one guy wire to a shovel and buried it off the right side. Even with it being taught and 30+ mph winds, there are no signs of tearing. Neither of the other 2 Gazelles, another t4+ and t3, suffered any damage either.
One thing to keep in mind with online reviews that seem mainly negative is the user behind it. Sometimes ignorance leads to mishaps and not the product. I respect your side of caution, I am the same way, but know that Gazelle makes a wonderful tent. I don't believe Michael would put his company name behind a product that wasn't top notch.
I hope this helps in some way.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign