Gazelle Tents

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I use the T3 for work and pleasure. The fact that I can have a chair, stand up and quickly setup and take down sold it on me. I’m starting to see more of them at fire camps. Downside? Folds up to the size of an Ez Up.

edit - Yes, I’ve used the tent in the rain, no leaks and I use a cheap entry rug from Walmart to protect the floor from my chair and debris.
Big enough to use a military style cot along one side in there?

Nivar3

Rank IV
Adventure

Member III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Nivardo
Last Name
Beaton
Member #

Just bought the T8 for our family. It’s my wife and I with our two kids. The wife wanted a lot of space and quick setup.

This is the video of us setting it up for the first time in our front yard. I haven’t officially used it yet. However I’m impressed with the materials and the ease of setup and takedown without even reading the instructions.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lanlubber

MiamiC70

Rank V

Member III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

I chose T3X for same reason, the T4 is just too damn long for transport. I can’t even imagine what a pain in the ass transporting a T8 or even T4Plus must be.

• Love

Lanlubber

Rank V

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I need to decide between the T3 and T4 , I would be by myself on a cot. The T4 is very large when closed up and the T3 a bit smaller. Decisions decisions.
If your physically able to carry the weight and you have enough room in or on your rig I would get the t4. I started to get the t4 myself but decided I didn't have the strength or stamina to set it up or break it down. So I bought the t3 and then went into hospital for unexpected colon cancer.

Now I have set the tent aside because as easy as it is to set up and take down for most people (even children), it's too much for me to handle solo. As a last resort I bought a small cargo trailer that I will use for camping and traveling. Once loaded I will never have to load again. I'd rather rough it but my legs and back are gone with arthritis and a trailer is roughing it for my abilities.

The nice thing about a trailer is that you can carry the majority of equipment in the trailer which allows you the luxury of having a bed in your SUV for traveling without having a camp site.

John21powerwagon

Rank I
Adventure

Traveler I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I’ve never tried a cot inside, just a tall air mattress and full sized camp chair. For a working tent it sure beats my trusty Catoma Falcon. Is it water resistant? For me yes, the last working incident it rained pretty darn good on us.

Of course, your results may vary based conditions and personal preferences.

oldsoldier181

Rank 0

Traveler I

Massachusetts
First Name
William
Last Name
reed
I came home from work to find a Gazelle lounging on my front step! (T3X)
Pictured inside is my cot (34"x79") & table (20" sq)
The cot will not fit into the corner of the tent, so it is approximately 12" in from the corners. I'm 6'-2" & I can stand if I bend my knees a bit.

View attachment 185835View attachment 185836View attachment 185837
Thank you for this!!! I got the notification that the T3X was available before I found this forum, otherwise I would have ordered through here. I plan on using a cot, but was unsure of how it would fit in there. I have a Coleman Trailhead 2 which I wasnt sure how tight it would be, but it looks like it will fit just fine. I cant wait for spring....WAY too cold for me to get out there right now :)

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

I have a T3 and it sleeps two comfortably on sleeping pads or one on a cot situated in the middle of the tent as @MuckSavage also stated. I'm 6'4" Tall so my cot is 78" long and it doesn't touch the walls when setup in the middle, close but leaves a couple inches on each side I believe. Either way it's all I need when camping by myself and very comfortable. The Cot I have is in the link below.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I have a T3 and it sleeps two comfortably on sleeping pads or one on a cot situated in the middle of the tent as @MuckSavage also stated. I'm 6'4" Tall so my cot is 78" long and it doesn't touch the walls when setup in the middle, close but leaves a couple inches on each side I believe. Either way it's all I need when camping by myself and very comfortable. The Cot I have is in the link below.

Thanks.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

You and I had this discussion about a year ago. I thought I ordered the tent you show here and it was the one I wanted after talking to you. The one they sent me is 80" L x 33" W wide with a completely different frame. I fell ill about the time it came in or I would have sent it back. It is not the one you show here and the return time expired so I am stuck with it or will sell it to someone who wants a BIG comfortable cot. I have not even unpacked it yet. It is a Red Swing. This is what they sent me.

Last edited:

dziner

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I went from the original T3 to the T4. I kind of prefer the T3 when I reflect upon this since I primarily camping alone. There really is a big difference between the two when it comes to pack size. On the other hand, it's nice to have some extra room if I'm camping for an extended period of time and the weather turns bad.

I believe my cot is a Cabela's cot. It's the perfect size for my Exped MegaMat, but I absolutely hate setting it up. It's next to impossible for me to pull the end bar tight to complete the setup. I like some of the lower cots, but many of them are too small to fit the MegaMat and/or they are incredibly expensive (though so was the Exped MegaMat).

MiamiC70

Rank V

Member III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

Question for you Gazelle tent guys. Did you seal it or spray with something like NikWax to further waterproof it ?

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VI

Member III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham Callsign
K04ACI
Question for you Gazelle tent guys. Did you seal it or spray with something like NikWax to further waterproof it ?
Nope. I haven't touched it with any additional waterproofing.
Haven't had to do anything to ours yet. Spent 2 days in straight downpour and didn't have any water issues inside. I have heard of some sayin they used a treatment though. Just haven't felt the need to.

Reactions: MiamiC70

syncro

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

I came home from work to find a Gazelle lounging on my front step! (T3X)
Pictured inside is my cot (34"x79") & table (20" sq)
The cot will not fit into the corner of the tent, so it is approximately 12" in from the corners. I'm 6'-2" & I can stand if I bend my knees a bit.

View attachment 185835View attachment 185836View attachment 185837
Does this mean two cots is probably a no? (probably)

I'm 6'6. Wife is 5'10. We're done with our backpacking tents and thermarests and are strongly considering the T3 and T4. At the same time, we're on the fence between two cots (at least one would be 80") or one of those biggie Exped double mattresses. I think the T3 would be fine with the Exped, but if we want the cots, we'll probably end up with at least one really long one (like the Teton universal at 84" or similar) and need to go with the T4. I'm almost tempted to get a T3 AND a T4, pick my favorite after a couple uses, then then sell the other with the second wave of summer gear shortages hits (again).