Gazelle Tents

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

beachdude93

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
jake
Last Name
zimmerman
It’s the T4 Plus. Yes I have cooked inside with one of the rain fly sides open.
So the heat wont set anything on fire or melt the roof? Im talking about cooking like with a coleman stove and nothing much bigger. And possibly the stove on a table.

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
So the heat wont set anything on fire or melt the roof? Im talking about cooking like with a coleman stove and nothing much bigger. And possibly the stove on a table.
Colman 2 burner propane stove and a LifeTime Table Is how I do it... With the rain fly open... so the heat can escape...

beachdude93

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
jake
Last Name
zimmerman
Colman 2 burner propane stove and a LifeTime Table Is how I do it... With the rain fly open... so the heat can escape...
this is really good news. I wanted to get a shiftpod (i made a thread and signed up today but nobody answered it ): )

How much room does the tent have? can you lay down 2 cots in the main room?

M Rose

Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
this is really good news. I wanted to get a shiftpod (i made a thread and signed up today but nobody answered it ): )

How much room does the tent have? can you lay down 2 cots in the main room?
Both rooms (screen room and the sleep room) are the same size. We sleep with a Queen Mattress with enough room to walk all the way around. If you look at the T4 pictures early on in this thread, you will se a picture with 2 bunk bed cots set up in a T4. The T4 Plus and the T8 are both two T4s placed back to back in size. I chose the T4 Plus because it’s the same size as the T-8, so can sleep 8 adults comfortably if I need to, but when I’m needed, I have the screen room to relax in.

beachdude93

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
jake
Last Name
zimmerman
Both rooms (screen room and the sleep room) are the same size. We sleep with a Queen Mattress with enough room to walk all the way around. If you look at the T4 pictures early on in this thread, you will se a picture with 2 bunk bed cots set up in a T4. The T4 Plus and the T8 are both two T4s placed back to back in size. I chose the T4 Plus because it’s the same size as the T-8, so can sleep 8 adults comfortably if I need to, but when I’m needed, I have the screen room to relax in.
Fantastic you have almost sold me on the tent. Last question. The floor. It doesnt look like it "zips" up. I have read that bugs can get in because of the floor design , is this true? is the bottom not sealed properly?

M Rose

Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
The floor Velcro’s in... I’ve not had a problem with bugs... but I haven’t camped with it yet where bugs are... I thought they fixed the issue when they released the new T4 Plus late summer 2020... I got one of the first new T4 Plus tents. New materials, double reinforced seams, better zippers, better floor, better screen, and better bag.

last thing... check the OB store upgrade your membership and get discounts on the gear we use.

beachdude93

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
jake
Last Name
zimmerman
The floor Velcro’s in... I’ve not had a problem with bugs... but I haven’t camped with it yet where bugs are... I thought they fixed the issue when they released the new T4 Plus late summer 2020... I got one of the first new T4 Plus tents. New materials, double reinforced seams, better zippers, better floor, better screen, and better bag.

last thing... check the OB store upgrade your membership and get discounts on the gear we use.
ya i watched a video saying there was like an overlander version that OB discounts of the t4 but i really want the screen room.

anything else i should know? im much warmer towards the tent but i dont think it will fit inside my bronco anyway , and if im going to be putting something on my roof i might as well go with the shiftpod.

M Rose

Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
ya i watched a video saying there was like an overlander version that OB discounts of the t4 but i really want the screen room.

anything else i should know? im much warmer towards the tent but i dont think it will fit inside my bronco anyway , and if im going to be putting something on my roof i might as well go with the shiftpod.
What year of Bronco?
It fits sideways in the back of mine...

Downs

Rank V

Influencer I

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
I dropped the order on a T4 today. It'll have to be carried on my roof rack on trips, it won't fit in the back of my XJ with other items. And will only go with the CJ if I take a trailer lol.

Contributor I

KS
First Name
Cliff
Last Name
Jones
Has anyone rigged a tarp/awning to the T4? I did for on one trip of course didn't take a pic., it worked ok but my tarp is old cheap and does not have enough grommets/loops to do what I wanted. So looking for ideas/pics of your setups.

Reactions: gonzoy5

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Member I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

Heads up, I’m posting from inside my Gazelle T3X on day 2 of a 3 day trip.
I LOVE this tent!

Lighting fast setup came in handy as we got here way later than expected and only had 29 minutes of daylight pulling into camp site. Was no problem, we set up with time to spare to enjoy watching sunset. Lots of ventilation, which is important to me when in February my daytime temperature is 80 degrees and only drops to 75 at night. My Luno Life v2.0 mattress fits perfectly and there was plenty of room for 2 adults and a mid-size dog. Folded tent fits perfectly in back of my 2019 Subaru Outback with rear seats down.

If you are on the fence, jump off the Gazelle is harde to beat.

P.s. The only negatives so far;
1. The door are awkward to get in and out of. Already, “ate it” once coming out.
2. Really wish rain fly was bigger as if you leave windows open to sleep and it and starts raining I can’t imagine you will not get wet while frantically zipping up 6 windows and 2 doors.

Last edited:

M Rose

Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
T4 is still in the store and on sale

syncro

Rank I
Adventure

Member I

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

T4 is still in the store and on sale
Thx. I had decided on the T3x, with the T4 Overland edition a distant second. Both of those are OOS. So if anyone is thinking about the plain T4 grab it now!

Downs

Rank V

Influencer I

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Scooped up a T4 off of the OB Store. They actually had the Alpine Green in stock, thankfully. Only did a yard setup with it but man I really like this thing. It's nice to be able to stand up in a tent for once. It was a bit windy that day so I had a few issues with wall collapse on the windward side but I guyed out the two walls on that side and all was well.

Can't wait to get it out on a real run somewhere.

jeeper_4_life

Rank I

Contributor I

Kansas
First Name
Rob
Last Name
E
Member #

We are considering getting a T8. We currently have a Cabelas Alaskan Guide 6 person tent that has been really great. Quicker setup would be nice. I had read different reviews that talked about holes or gaps around the poles that could let bugs in. Is this a real thing or did they just need to seal the velcro a little better. Anyone have a T8 and have opinions good or bad about it.

Reactions: DMS1

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Member I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

We are considering getting a T8. We currently have a Cabelas Alaskan Guide 6 person tent that has been really great. Quicker setup would be nice. I had read different reviews that talked about holes or gaps around the poles that could let bugs in. Is this a real thing or did they just need to seal the velcro a little better. Anyone have a T8 and have opinions good or bad about it.
I read about velcro around poles as well and was a concern living in what is arguably the creepy crawly state. However, on my T3X I didn’t see the issue, maybe they redesigned that area for the T3X. However, floor seems to be a tight fit around poles And netting on doors and windows did a great job keeping out mosquitoes. The unofficial Florida bird.

Reactions: jeeper_4_life